Plain Old Tele

Black Hawk Down (2001)

Black Hawk Down (2001)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I didn't expect time to fly by so quickly. I thought that they would have more missions than one, and after the mission was over and they ran back to base i was like "Alright, next mission". I was disappointed to find out that the movie was over, lol.

Great action. A few funny scenes to lighten up the mood. Great acting from everyone. I liked the ending speech from Hoot and the score was brilliant.

A

I watched this the other night on Netflix for the first time. Really, really good movie. The musical score by Hans Zimmer is so underrated I wish it would've been nominated at the Oscars. Other than that, I found the cinematography to be incredible. Even though the colors are mostly muted in the film, the shots they got in the movie still somehow look beautiful. 

Really my only problem with the film was that it was lacking in characterization. Besides Josh Hartnett and Tom Sizemore, and maybe a few others as well, I couldn't really get into the characters all that much. They acted their parts well, don't get me wrong, but when you have a cast as large as the one they had, focus on character kind of goes out the window. Other than that though, I had very few problems with the film itself. 

It was kind of cool to see a bunch of actors I recognized though who didn't become popular until years later. (Ewan McGregor, Tom Guiry, Orlando Bloom, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Ty Burrell, even Tom Hardy) That was really neat to see.

B+