5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Thanks, CJohn.

It's one of the more unusual biopics you'll ever see, since Andrei is basically a supporting character and scarcely appears in some of the sequences at all! And, as a collection of stories, some are inevitably stronger than others. It's bolstered by amazing (but subtle) cinematography and "The Bell" sequence is wonderful. It also has one of my favorite (and IMO most beautiful) final shots ever.

B+

• Like 1

one of those movies where its obviously understandable why some consider it a great but for me it wasn't quite there. a little too incoherent, especially in the first half. but still pretty good and it ended on a great note (lol) so it makes me feel better about it than otherwise.

B

In my opinion, what matters most is that the film was both completed and shown to the general public in 1966. Doesn't matter if said public wasn't American. Besides this is an international forum with people from all over the place, making it all the more weird for it to be the only place on the Internet where Andrei Rublev is considered a 1973 movie. I'm having cognitive dissonance looking at the thread title.