Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

First Week figures of Hollywood Releases in India: (Some films have dubbed versions and some not, all included anyways)

Posted Image

All are Nett figures. Will post the Lifetime figures soon, I know first week figures are useless but thats all for now. Its Fifa time now. :D

Edited by CrazyGuy101
  • Like 2

So gross figs should be roughly twice the nett. number?

Well it depends, normally its around 35%.

47 Ronin first week nett is 1.45 Cr so Gross is around 1.95 Cr.

PS: Not trying to teach you math. :P

Edited by CrazyGuy101

Holiday lifetime is approx 112.30 crore according to Koimoi, joins 100 CR club along with Jai Ho, 2 States and most likely Ek Villain 

Koimoi figs are not reliable. If you just want to to follow the producer figures, then follow Taran's figs. He is much better than KOIMOI.

Anyways, BOI figs are the one I follow -- according to which Holiday nett. figures are at around 111 Cr after Four weeks.

Trailer Release Dates: - 7th July: #DaawatEIshq - 8th July: #Haider - 9th July: #FindingFanny - 11th July: #SinghamReturns RT if excited.

— #etcBollywood (@ETCBollywood) July 4, 2014

Initial Predictions(No screening details so just a rough prediction B) )

Daawat E Ishq - 36 Cr nett

Haider - 60 Cr nett

Finding Fanny - 51 Cr nett

Singham Returns - 98 Cr nett

It will be fun!

PS: You didn't ask for it, just for fun... :D

Edited by CrazyGuy101
  • Like 1

Haider - 60 Cr nett

It will be fun!

Mine would be a bit different: 

Daawat e Ishq: 35 cr 

Haider: 60 cr

Finding Fanny: 70 cr 

Singham Returns: 105 cr 

Trailer Release Dates: - 7th July: #DaawatEIshq - 8th July: #Haider - 9th July: #FindingFanny - 11th July: #SinghamReturns RT if excited.

— #etcBollywood (@ETCBollywood) July 4, 2014
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Haider - 60 Cr nett

It will be fun!

Mine would be a bit different: 

Daawat e Ishq: 35 cr 

Haider: 60 cr

Finding Fanny: 70 cr 

Singham Returns: 105 cr 

Haider & Daawat e ishq  :wub:  :wub:  

Waiting for 'em badly!! 

Haider & Daawat e ishq  :wub:  :wub:  Waiting for 'em badly!! 

Me too! Daawat e Ishq because of Parineeti Chopra, absolutely love her acting. Habib Faisal is directing after Ishaqzaade, and the synopsis on Wikipedia seems to sounds like a very likeable film. 

Haider has got Vishal Bhardwaj after Matru ki bijlee ka mandola, which wasn't upto his "Omkara" or "Kaminey" standards. Shahid Kapoor is there, with a really strong supporting cast in Shradda Kapoor, Tabu, Irrfan Khan and Kay Kay Menon! It based on Shakespeare's Hamlet, so we know the script will be good. Whether audiences will want to go see that type of "slow" film remains to be seen. 

• Like 2

First Week figures of Hollywood Releases in India: (Some films have dubbed versions and some not, all included anyways)

Posted Image

All are Nett figures. Will post the Lifetime figures soon, I know first week figures are useless but thats all for now. Its Fifa time now. :D

300-2 did very good with the 'A' certificate and releasing during exam season.

Me too! Daawat e Ishq because of Parineeti Chopra, absolutely love her acting. Habib Faisal is directing after Ishaqzaade, and the synopsis on Wikipedia seems to sounds like a very likeable film. 

Haider has got Vishal Bhardwaj after Matru ki bijlee ka mandola, which wasn't upto his "Omkara" or "Kaminey" standards. Shahid Kapoor is there, with a really strong supporting cast in Shradda Kapoor, Tabu, Irrfan Khan and Kay Kay Menon! It based on Shakespeare's Hamlet, so we know the script will be good. Whether audiences will want to go see that type of "slow" film remains to be seen. 

Haider could have done well if it had an open week to perform. If Haider's plot is too complicated for "Indian Standards" then dont expect it to collect big as you may know how quality movies flop due to really bad footfalls in mass belts. In-case of Haider, the fate relies on the Multiplexes and WOM(duh).  Plus its releasing alongside Bang Bang, I think.

Finding Fanny has Deepika Padukone in it, but still I don't see it collecting over 70 Cr. It has a niche(sort of) feel to it. Arjun Kapoor isn't that big enough to pull good opening figures. And Daawat-E-Ishq and it's releasing in a week gap so one of the films will surely under-perform.

Edited by CrazyGuy101

Movies like Robocop nd hercules had bigger rels than EoT....

EoT did more than a Million in the first week 

Robocop was never expected to collect big here in India. EOT did well due to the Tom factor.(Plus it was a good film too)