Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Also one more thing I've noticed about BOI, is that their website is actually absolutely atrocious! Like they have no sort of archive of anything, many fan clubs of superstars on Twitter have taken previous screenshots of BOI and we've seen that the website has changed figures of films randomly over time. Now I don't know how true this is, but BOI really need to improve their website to be honest. 

Compared to that, Addatoday's website is miles better. When it comes to Koimoi, there figures might not be accurate as BOI/Taran/Producer, but they've got a nice archived table of the total net collections of every film in the year. 

http://www.koimoi.com/box-office-bollywood-films-of-2014/

Now the verdicts and figures might be a tad off, but its good for reference as there is no other website (as far as I know) which has an organized table set up like this, especially to see the collections of the smaller releases.

• Like 1

Taran Adarsh personally for me, he's a horrible horrible film critic. His star ratings are completely off, and they are more based on the star power and how big the film is, rather than a proper evaluation. 

One critic I follow is Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN, he's a proper film critic in my opinion, and I mostly agree with his ratings.

http://www.bollymoviereviewz.com/

Is a nice website for aggregate critic reviews, but sometimes the average score is lopsided because Taran has randomly given the film 4 stars when it doesn't even deserve it. 

There is no perfect source for Box office No's as of now..May be in the near future we may get the exact trade figures from almost every trade member! For now we have habituated(most of 'em) to Taran's & Komal's no's. But BOI.com is also a very good reliable source!!We should consider Both the figures for now. That's my point

• Like 1

Taran Adarsh personally for me, he's a horrible horrible film critic. His star ratings are completely off, and they are more based on the star power and how big the film is, rather than a proper evaluation. 

One critic I follow is Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN, he's a proper film critic in my opinion, and I mostly agree with his ratings.

http://www.bollymoviereviewz.com/

Is a nice website for aggregate critic reviews, but sometimes the average score is lopsided because Taran has randomly given the film 4 stars when it doesn't even deserve it. 

First i used to see his reviews but after giving some Avg movies a 4 star rating i stopped seeing 'em!

Komal nahta also gives good reviews based on the content &  not on the star power or something..

First i used to see his reviews but after giving some Avg movies a 4 star rating i stopped seeing 'em!Komal nahta also gives good reviews based on the content &  not on the star power or something..

The thing is that Komal Nahta has said himself that he's not a movie critic, rather a trade analyst. So he himself doesn't give star ratings to every film, rather just a prediction on whether the film will do well on the box office or not, and why. 

• Like 1

The thing is that Komal Nahta has said himself that he's not a movie critic, rather a trade analyst. So he himself doesn't give star ratings to every film, rather just a prediction on whether the film will do well on the box office or not, and why. 

Still a lot better than Taran!And by the way thanks for the film critic Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN.. Now onwards i will follow his reviews :)

• Like 1

Still a lot better than Taran!And by the way thanks for the film critic Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN.. Now onwards i will follow his reviews :)

Taran Adarsh and Komal Nahta have actually had a fued on twitter before haha 

• Like 1

Watch this video of Kamaal R Khan's interview, from 2:09 he gives a decent explanation of the box office model in India: 

Now I know many might think of this guy as a total fool/maniac/joker based on his antics in the past and his dumb tweets, but one thing is for certain that he knows his box office well. 

This is Bhardwaj's third Shakespeare remake, Maqbool = Macbeth, Omkara = Othello, and now Haider = Hamlet, can't wait for 2nd October! They've given the date in the trailer so it seems UTV aren't even considering the idea of a date change

• Like 1

WHAT A TRAILER OF HAIDER! Forget Daawat e Ishq and the other movies, Vishal Bhardwaj is back and now I'm super excited for this one.

Eyes says alot,dat deepness in his acting!! It seems like it will be a masterpiece of his own with the director Vishal!

WOW,what an acting.. #shasha ruling all the way..

There is no perfect source for Box office No's as of now..May be in the near future we may get the exact trade figures from almost every trade member! For now we have habituated(most of 'em) to Taran's & Komal's no's. But BOI.com is also a very good reliable source!!We should consider Both the figures for now. That's my point

Both figures? How are you supposed to do that when you get 2 different figures for every single films? 

PS: Its so disappointing that the producers figures are considered as the authentic figures in India nowadays!!

Edited by CrazyGuy101

Many usually follow Taran Adarsh because he regularly tweets the figures, much faster than BOI. He has many followers on twitter and many use his figures to compare the business of films. I myself have been following the box office for about 2 years now, I follow the site addatoday more regularly than any other source. I feel addatoday does a very good and accurate job or updating figures regularly, with good evidence back up of %age occupancy and the number of screens. 

Ok so what about the figures of films released before 2008? How are you going to compare those figures?

Now the verdicts and figures might be a tad off, but its good for reference as there is no other website (as far as I know) which has an organized table set up like this, especially to see the collections of the smaller releases.

Do you need an organized table for all 2014 Releases? Even with the films that had a very low release? I have been maintaining one.