mahnamahna

Which Film From DVR Should I Watch?

These are all from the 1001 Movies list and generally considered classics (all of which I have never seen before!)

[*]Sunrise (1927) [*]Spellbound (1945)  [*]Red River (1948) [*]Strangers on a Train (1951)  [*]From Here to Eternity (1953) [*]Seven Samurai (1954) [*]The Searchers (1956) [*]Spartacus (1960) [*]Lawrence of Arabia (1962) [*]The Great Escape (1963)  [*]The Godfather Part II (1974)  [*]Hannah and Her Sisters (1986) [*]Broadcast News (1987)  [*]Thelma and Louise (1991)  [*]Fight Club (1999) 

With the following on my To-Do List:

[*]Easy Rider (1969) [*]Five Easy Pieces (1970)  [*]Full Metal Jacket (1987) [*]Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994) [*]Eyes Wide Shut (1999) [*]Pan's Labyrinth (2006) 

Which ones should I tackle first? 

I havn't seen any of those. :P

Get watching, sonny boy!!  :) I feel embarassed for not seeing half of those... not including Citizen Kane, Vertigo, 400 Blows, 2001, Clockwork Orange, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Gone With the Wind, Third Man, Bridge on the River Kwai, Modern Times, and a few others! 

• Like 1

I havn't seen any of those. :P

What a useful and constructive post....

Out of that list, I've only seen Strangers on a Train, Seven Samurai, Great Escape, Godfather Part II, Full Metal Jacket and Pan's Labyrinth. Out of the lot, I like Pan's Labyrinth the most, although Fight Club comes pretty close. So yeah. Watch those two first.

• Like 1

These are all from the 1001 Movies list and generally considered classics (all of which I have never seen before!)

[*]Sunrise (1927)

[*]Spellbound (1945) 

[*]Red River (1948)

[*]Strangers on a Train (1951) 

[*]From Here to Eternity (1953)

[*]Seven Samurai (1954)

[*]The Searchers (1956)

[*]Spartacus (1960)

[*]Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

[*]The Great Escape (1963) 

[*]The Godfather Part II (1974) 

[*]Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)

[*]Broadcast News (1987) 

[*]Thelma and Louise (1991) 

[*]Fight Club (1999) 

With the following on my To-Do List:

[*]Easy Rider (1969)

[*]Five Easy Pieces (1970) 

[*]Full Metal Jacket (1987)

[*]Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)

[*]Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

[*]Pan's Labyrinth (2006) 

Which ones should I tackle first? 

Too bad 3 of those are almost 4 hours long  :lol: I'll settle for the 4th today 

What a useful and constructive post....

Out of that list, I've only seen Strangers on a Train, Seven Samurai, Great Escape, Godfather Part II, Full Metal Jacket and Pan's Labyrinth. Out of the lot, I like Pan's Labyrinth the most, although Fight Club comes pretty close. So yeah. Watch those two first.

Fight Club it is since you both mentioned it!