Impact

What 2011 film will have the most nominations?

33 members have voted

1. 1. What 2011 film will have the most Oscar Nominations?

• The Artist
    • The Descendants
    • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    • The Help
    • Hugo
    • Midnight in Paris
    • Moneyball
    • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
    • War Horse
    • Other film not mentioned

It will be a tie between The Artist and Hugo.The Artist (picture, director, actor, sup actress, screenplay, cinematography, editing, art direction, score, costume). 10Hugo (picture, director, screenplay, cinematography, editing, art direction, sound editing, visual effects, score, costume). 10Tree of Life (picture, director, sup actress, screenplay, cinematography, visual effects) 6The descendants (picture, director, actor, sup actress, screenplay, editing) 6Extremely loud (picture, director, screenplay, editing, score) 5Moneyball (picture, actor, screenplay, editing) 4War Horse is starting to loose steam (picture, cinematography, sound editing, score) 4

The Artist best screenplay? What I was smoking? I still think it's The Artist vs Hugo. War Horse is slowly recovering from early backlash, EL&IC is almost dead in lead categories. Drive comes with strength and I can see this getting nods for Picture, Actor, Supp Actor, Screenplay, Editing, and Sound editing. Maybe even Director.

On BOM I had the topic of what BP noms didn't sound like a BP nom based off of the premise. I had films like Ghost and Babe and other ones. Some people descriptions were really funny, like the ones for ET and Up were my favorites.

Yeah, it's very possible at this point but if we honestly think about it, it's like WTF! A silent movie getting screenplay nom... Really?

Well you have to give Hazanavicius some credit. I'm sure a screenplay for a silent film is much harder to write.

George Lucas and James Cameron are very good storyboarding a film. But then, they're meh with dialogue. That's why they don't get nominations in Screenplay categories. If both choose to write a silent film, shouldn't they get recognition?I don't want to question Hazanavicious writing abilities, but in a silent movie the director's choices are the key, not the screenplay. IMHO, the hardest thing in screenplay are the dialogue.

Sometimes screenwriters don't get enough credit. Like I read the story behind that really bad film Meet Dave (Never saw it) that the man who was credited as writing it said that it was not his script that was in the movie, his was apparently a better film until it had rewrites.

Final: Hugo (11): PictureDirectorSupporting ActorAdapted ScreenplayEditingCinematographyArt DirectionCostumesMakeupSoundScoreThe Artist (10):PictureDirectorActorSupporting ActressOriginal ScreenplayCinematographyArt DirectionCostumesEditingScoreWar Horse (9):PictureDirectorAdapted ScreenplayFilm EditingCinematographyArt DirectionCostumesSoundScoreThe Help (8):PictureActressSupporting Actress X2Adapted ScreenplayCostumesFilm EditingSongThe Descendents (6):PictureDirectorActorSupporting ActressAdapted ScreenplayFilm Editing