The Best Man Holiday (2013)

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Really enjoyable. Great acting all around, especially from Howard, Hall, and Diggs. Very funny, and also very sad and touching. Does get a little too overt and cheesy towards the end. Recommend it though, to most (idk if it is this board's style, but I know I'll recommend to my friends.)

8/10

@ladyevenstar22 - why not both?  :)

I was struck by how dramatic the movie was.  I can't bring myself to call it a Comedy.  It's a Dramedy.  There are a few intense tear jerkers.  I heard and saw several people sniffling.  So a dramedy it is.  I really liked seeing the cast back together again.  I knew TBMH would open big because The Best Man is probably in the top 5 of DVD viewings among movies aimed at black audiences (Friday and maybe Barbershop being others).  There was always good reception to the trailers.  My worry is that this will be frontloaded, but $100 million is still possible.  

The sequel is a logical progression of the original films' storyline.  Mainly because the cast are all 40-somethings and 14 years have passed and so the issues in the movie are more mature and weighty.  Everyone has families, some are dealing with the pitfalls of life (physical, financial, etc).   Don't get me wrong, there is a good deal of sophomoric humor (probably too much) but I thought the more mature storyline made sense and I wouldn't mind a 2nd sequel in 14 more years, when they are in their mid 50s.  Howard, as always, steals the show.  Everybody though did a fine job.  $$ well spent.