Boogie Nights

16 members have voted

1. 1. Boogie Nights

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A more conventional PTA film that drags on way too long. Some scenes are nothing short of memorable and acting is pitch–perfect as usual in his films. 70/100

Paul Thomas Anderson Marathon
Magnolia 100/100
Punch-Drunk Love 100/100
The Master 80/100

Boogie Nights 70/100
Hard Eight 65/100

On 12/17/2015 at 0:45 PM, Goffe said:

A more conventional PTA film that drags on way too long. Some scenes are nothing short of memorable and acting is pitch–perfect as usual in his films. 70/100

Paul Thomas Anderson Marathon
Magnolia 100/100
Punch-Drunk Love 100/100
The Master 80/100

Boogie Nights 70/100
Hard Eight 65/100

just saw it for my first time.  part of my 1997 marathon.  Funny that Boogie Nights and Hard Eight are your bottom two.  Those are both his first two films ever and made in 97.  Is Inherent Vice on this list now?

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

just saw it for my first time.  part of my 1997 marathon.  Funny that Boogie Nights and Hard Eight are your bottom two.  Those are both his first two films ever and made in 97.  Is Inherent Vice on this list now?

yes, it’s at the bottom of the list. only PTA film I actually don’t like.

saw this the other day, thought it was fab. one thing that really bothers me though, how come all the characters do like 5 lines of coke one after another? like I feel like at least someone on the production must be familiar with it and know that's not how you do coke. that really annoyed me. apart from that its fucking fantastic, but that really took me out of it.