Films

Top 25 animations post 2000 RESULTS- 2. TOY STORY 3

19. Kung Fu Panda 2- 121 points [6 votes]

And for our first sequel on this list, is Kung Fu Panda 2, surprisingly topping the first entry. It got good reviews [81% on RT] but average domestic box office maybe because of the quite bland marketing campaign [my opinion]. As of 2012, it is the highest grossing film directed by a woman. There was also loads of Kung Fu Panda spin-offs released with this film. The 3rd film is set to come out in December 2015.

Box Office: 47.6/165.2/500.4/665.6. It is the 41st biggest film internationally where it was a major hit which made up for the underwhelming domestic box office [50m below the first one]. It was a major hit in China with 92.7m

Nominated for 30 awards including 3 wins which one was for top box office film and 2 came at the Annie's. It got a nomination for best animated film at the Oscars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdaMGcOyfjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIW5oo-8NYw

Edited by HairsprayFilmsCatchingFire
  • Like 5

18. THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE- 123 points [6 votes]

For me, a surprising entry that I was not expecting to see on this list, the 2000 animation is the oldest film on this list I believe. It was originally called Kingdom of the sun. There has been a direct to dvd sequel, it is 85% fresh on RT, a documentary was made on the films production troubles and Sting recorded music for the soundtrack.

Box Office: 9.8/89.3/80/169.3. An average to quite disappointing performance due to it's 100m budget not including marketing, this may have made a loss

Nominated for 32 awards including 7 wins for best song, best casting decision and 3 wins at the Annie's. It got a nomination at the Oscars and the Golden Globes for the song by Sting- My Funny Friend And Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjvy8vc39kw

• Like 4

17. CORALINE- 130 points [7 votes]

Now, moving onto the 2009 Henry Sellick animation which was Laika's debut film. The film which was based on the adult book of the same name became a spooky children's animation. It had great reviews [90% on RT] and fantastic holding on at the box office. This also became a must see in 3D all around the world and a great film was created.

Box Office: 16.8/75.2/49.3/124.5. A successful run is all that can really be said

Nominated for 33 awards including 8 wins. Some wins included Bafta's children award and 3 at the Annie's. It was nominated for best animated film at the Oscars, the Golden Globes and the Bafta's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO3n67BQvh0

Edited by HairsprayFilmsCatchingFire
  • Like 5

I for one really like Kung Fu Panda 2. I found it to be better than the 1st even. The parts in it about his family in it are really emotional, I think.

I am talking about his real family and his relationship with Ping.

I can't understand people complaining about KFP2 being on the list, and not saying a word about Croods, that almost made the list. Croods is Dreamworks trash.

The Simpsons Movie (25th) had 93 points. Croods had 33. Croods was nowhere near making the list.

The Simpsons Movie (25th) had 93 points. Croods had 33. Croods was nowhere near making the list.

it doesn't matter, the fact is that the movie was two positions from being on the list

Edited by Goffe Luvs 1D

Simpsons movie does not belong either.

Agreed.

it doesn't matter, the fact is that the movie was two positions from being on the list

Where does it say that?

Where does it say that?

despite being last so far- the simpsons movie has received the most votes out of these six films

some of the bad averages that failed the list [not including 1 vote answers]

Bolt- 21 points from 5 lists

the croods- 33 points from 5 lists

illusionist- 20 points from 3 lists

rise of the guardains- 14 points from 3 lists

megamind- 34 points from 5 lists

and treasure planet- 29.5 points from 6 lists

Edited by Goffe Luvs 1D