iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

Since four movies tied for 13 points, they technically ranked the same so I'll include these two extras.  The first of a few movies on this list that will rustle quite a few jimmies.

Extra Bonus 1 (#38),13 points (66 rank sum):

2001: A Space Odyssey 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one was quite controversial, for such a highly acclaimed movie to be ranked as one of the worst of all time.

Member blurb

Walt Disney:

It was soooo slow. It's just torture to sit through that movie. The HAL reveal is what people think is so great about it, but it's just not worth the effort to get to that point. It just isn't worth the pain.

Critic blurb

Stephen Hunter, Washington Post:
Now, seen in the actual 2001, it's less a visionary masterpiece than a crackpot Looney Tune, pretentious, abysmally slow, amateurishly acted and, above all, wrong.

Trivia

There is no dialogue in the first 25 minutes of the movie (ending when a stewardess speaks at 25:38), nor in the last 23 minutes (excluding end credits). With these two lengthy sections and other shorter ones, there are around 88 dialogue-free minutes in the movie.

Edited by Catching Iceroll
  • Like 3

Since four movies tied for 13 points, they technically ranked the same so I'll include these two extras.

Extra Bonus 2 (#37),13 points (28 rank sum):

Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Set back in the 80s when Harry met Lloyd in high school where they cross paths with a mean principal and a bunch of other outcasts much like themselves.

Critic blurb

Laine Ewen, Premiere Magazine
The easiest way to write a review of Dumb and Dumberer might be to say that it lives up to its title.

Trivia

Early on, South Park (1997) creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were lined up to write the prequel for $1.5 million. They later decided to not work on the project and returned all of the money to New Line.

• Like 1

Here we go, the actual "Top" 36:

#36,13 points (22 rank sum):

That's My Boy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

While in his teens, Donny fathered a son, Todd, and raised him as a single parent up until Todd's 18th birthday. Now, after not seeing each other for years, Todd's world comes crashing down when Donny resurfaces just before Todd's wedding.

Critic blurb

Richard Haridy, Quickflix:

There is nothing creative, amusing, valuable or interesting about Sandler's work. That's My Boy isn't the worst film I have ever seen; it's just one of the saddest and most exhausting.

Trivia

Adam Sandler is only 12 years older than Andy Samberg, who plays his son in this movie.

• Like 3

#35,13 points (21 rank sum):

Scary Movie 4

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Cindy finds out the house she lives in is haunted by a little boy and goes on a quest to find out who killed him and why. Also, Alien "Tr-iPods" are invading the world and she has to uncover the secret in order to stop them.

Critic blurb

Joey Guerra, Houston Chronicle:
Four installments later, the horror-movie jokes have gotten broader, grosser and just plain dumber.

Trivia

"Scary Movie 4" was originally supposed to spoof superhero movies. Later, the studio released "Superhero Movie" as a spin-off of the "Scary Movie" franchise. The studio planned another spin-off under the title "Sci-Fi Movie", but dropped it.

• Like 3

Oft-hated director #1 makes his first appearance here, I wonder where his other movies will place  :huh:

#34,14 points (53 rank sum):

Pearl Harbor

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Pearl Harbor follows the story of two best friends, Rafe and Danny, and their love lives as they go off to join the war.

Member blurb

DAR: There was no need to add the love story in this, you could make a compelling movie without it. C- 

Critic blurb

David Hunter, Hollywood Reporter
Mostly tests one's patience with unseaworthy dialogue and performers drowning in oily cliches.

Trivia

According to Michael Bay on his DVD commentary, after the film came out and the critics savaged the love story, he was deeply touched when he received hundreds of letters from people who felt the love story rang completely true for the tone of the film, and was an integral part of the atmosphere of the movie. Bay says that most of these letters came from older people, including many Pearl Harbor survivors.

• Like 6

#33,14 points (38 rank sum):

Dude, Where's My Car?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Two potheads wake up from a night of partying and can't remember where they parked their car.

Member blurb

Michael Gary Scott: Horrible horrible movie 1/5 

Critic blurb

Wesley Morris, San Francisco Chronicle:
Operates in a limbo between the relentlessly moronic and the legitimately entertaining, while almost solving the vehicular existentialism suggested by its title.

Trivia

Director Danny Leiner has made comments that, despite Leiner's urging, Fabio refused to have a goose hit him in the face as he drove off at the end of his scene (which would have been a reference to an incident where a goose hit Fabio in the face while on a roller-coaster).

• Like 1

What a sucky movie...

#32,14 points (18 rank sum):

Vampires Suck

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

A spoof of vampire-themed movies, where teenager Becca finds herself torn between two boys. As she and her friends wrestle with a number of different dramas, everything comes to a head at their prom.

Critic blurb

Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall:
Every time we see a new Friedberg/Seltzer film we hope maybe they've learned something and put their skills to more creative use. But no, instead we're once again astounded that anyone gives them money to make these unfunny rehashes.

Trivia

Buffy The Vampire Slayer makes a cameo in one scene. The cover of the October 1, 1999 issue of Entertainment Weekly featured Sarah Michelle Gellar, as Buffy, wearing a sleeveless blouse with "Vampires Suck" written all over it.

• Like 2

Since four movies tied for 13 points, they technically ranked the same so I'll include these two extras.  The first of a few movies on this list that will rustle quite a few jimmies.

Extra Bonus 1 (#38),13 points (66 rank sum):

2001: A Space Odyssey 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one was quite controversial, for such a highly acclaimed movie to be ranked as one of the worst of all time.

Member blurb

Walt Disney:

It was soooo slow. It's just torture to sit through that movie. The HAL reveal is what people think is so great about it, but it's just not worth the effort to get to that point. It just isn't worth the pain.

Critic blurb

Stephen Hunter, Washington Post:
Now, seen in the actual 2001, it's less a visionary masterpiece than a crackpot Looney Tune, pretentious, abysmally slow, amateurishly acted and, above all, wrong.

Trivia

There is no dialogue in the first 25 minutes of the movie (ending when a stewardess speaks at 25:38), nor in the last 23 minutes (excluding end credits). With these two lengthy sections and other shorter ones, there are around 88 dialogue-free minutes in the movie.

I can officially reveal that this list is utterly worthless and a complete piece of crap.

• Like 3

I think we all know who had this movie on their lists :P

#31,14 points (18 rank sum):

Citizen Kane

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Following the death of a publishing tycoon, news reporters scramble to discover the meaning of his final utterance.

Member blurb

Baumer:

Well, I guess diplomacy is not one of my strong points, but I really don't understand the beauty, importance, tragedy, wonder or any other compliment that has been bestowed on Citizen Kane. It just doesn't do it for me. You want to watch a great film that has everything that this film apparently has? Watch Jaws, JFK, Apocalypse Now, Aliens, Mississippi Burning. That is just a handfull of films that are what I consider to be the best films ever made. I don't think that this is on my list of worst films ever made anymore ( it used to be ), but it easily tops my list of most overhyped, ridiculous boring films to ever disgrace our screens.

Critic blurb

Couldn't find a negative rottentomatoes.com review, so I went to imdb:
AphroditeVenus (Sydney, Australia):
One day, perhaps (one can but dream), the coolest, greatest, most admired film being in the world will point out the bleeding obvious nakedness of this bloated Emperor, and the assorted film critics, film studies teachers, and others who need to be told what to think by an authority figure, shall squirm, and CK shall drop off the lists once and for all. 

Trivia

During filming, Orson Welles started treating Dorothy Comingore terribly, deliberately humiliating her in front of the cast and crew. This was to make her hate him, strengthening her performance.

• Like 4