grim22

Best movies of 2013 (Results link in first post)

Except Man of Steel is absolutely terrible and one of the worst movies of last year.

Yeah, Iron Man 3 isn't any better. Stop acting like you know it all and it's only the way you say it. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it is. Now, as nice as I can say it, stop being such an arrogant moron.

As for Man of Steel making the list. Suddenly, Iron Man looks good on that spot it go.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 4

Yeah, Iron Man 3 isn't any better. Stop acting like you know it all and it's only the way you say it. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it is. Now, as nice as I can say it, stop being such an arrogant moron.

Iron Man 3 is actually a coherent and fun movie, very flawed, but also a lot of fun.

Man of Steel is a bleak, humorless, CGI-fest that ruins the image of what Superman is and lacks any coherent plot.

Also, my comment was the one responded to, I didn't respond to somebody else's.  I didn't criticize somebody else's opinion until they criticized mine, I have every right to not like a movie and post my response to that just like CJohn has the right to like Man of Steel and be happy it made the list.

It's hypocritical to say somebody can make posts rejoicing that it made it but others can't make a post about them not liking that they made it.

How about you stop being the arrogant moron, thank you.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

Iron Man 3 is actually a coherent and fun movie, very flawed, but also a lot of fun.

Man of Steel is a bleak, humorless, CGI-fest that ruins the image of what Superman is and lacks any coherent plot.

Also, my comment was the one responded to, I didn't respond to somebody else's.  I didn't criticize somebody else's opinion until they criticized mine, I have every right to not like a movie and post my response to that just like CJohn has the right to like Man of Steel and be happy it made the list.

It's hypocritical to say somebody can make posts rejoicing that it made it but others can't make a post about them not liking that they made it.

How about you stop being the arrogant moron, thank you.

Posted Image

• Like 1

And.. I am back. What hath my absence wrought???. Anyway, moving ahead with

Number 6:

#6: 12 YEARS A SLAVE

Posted Image

Haven’t seen it, can’t comment on it. But the movie seems to have a generally good response with a lot of commenters saying that it portrays slavery in an unflinching manner.

Box Office: 41.5M Domestic / 65M WW

BOF User Reviews:

Acsc1312

I really really really wish I hadn't chosen to watch this on a day I was falling asleep :( I missed some moments because I dozed off (not because of the movie, but because of exhaustion). I'm gonna watch it again to get the full effect, but it was great. Fantastic cast. Pretty much anyone that's white is so despicable and every one of them played it so well. Fassbender is definitely a greatest of all time at this point. Hauntingly infuriating. Paulson does some great work, as always, and of course Ejiofor. Top 5 this year for sure, but I missed some of the beginning, so I can't place it just yet.

A

Biffman

This along with Schindler's List should be required viewing for all of humanity.  Preferably around middle school.  Perhaps we might suck less as a species if everyone had a glimpse of just how horrible we're capable of being.

A+

Chd

Well, I had to watch this movie in two sittings so maybe the parts where I felt kinda disconnected were because of that. I noticed that this is one of the few movies that aren't really remarkable throughout, but when they end you start noticing what it did to you. While the 'Time' copy composed by Zimmer was okay, I still say the songs (the ones with vocals) are pretty good and I think he deserves to be nominated at least.

Everything else was great, and I've got to say that the thing that moved me most throughout the movie was Pitt's character doing what he did, even though he had no proof whatsoever that Solomon was speaking the truth. That's the scene that moved me the most and probably will stay with me. I chose to forget the brutal scenes simply because they are too brutal.

Still, I can say that the script is good, but it failed to write what viewers need: connection with the main character. Despite that, a great movie. Not the best of the year, but a good one nonetheless.

A

• Like 8

Nah, I'm not going into that shit again. Just going straight in it: Iron Man 3 = no fun, boring, dull. Has more flaws than Man of Steel.

Man of Steel is humorless and that's why you hate it. You seem to know how to grade a movie. The Dark Knight Trilogy was a fail, too, huh? And, apparently, Iron Man 3 didn't use any CGI. THE MORE YOU FUCKING KNOW.

• Like 4

Her, Inside Llewyn Davis, Mud, Nebraska, The Act of Killing, and arguably This is the End deserve their spots.

Posted Image

One of the most boring movies of the year. I laughed once, I think. Maybe 0.

• Like 1

smaller movies will automatically be disadvantaged since most people haven't seen them. But there is nothing that can be done about that when making a list like this

True, but the Box Office Forum Awards actually has good nominees, although that's in a forum that is visited mostly by people who see a lot of movies.

Posted Image

One of the most boring movies of the year. I laughed once, I think. Maybe 0.

Most boring movie of the year?

Coming from somebody who likes 300 and Man of Steel.  :rolleyes:

But again, I said arguably, because I understand its flaws and that it isn't for everyone.

Edited by The Panda

Nah, I'm not going into that shit again. Just going straight in it: Iron Man 3 = no fun, boring, dull. Has more flaws than Man of Steel.

Man of Steel is humorless and that's why you hate it. You seem to know how to grade a movie. The Dark Knight Trilogy was a fail, too, huh? And, apparently, Iron Man 3 didn't use any CGI. THE MORE YOU FUCKING KNOW.

They fucked a house just to film the scene, didn't you knew :lol: ?

Most boring movie of the year?

Coming from somebody who likes 300 and Man of Steel.  :rolleyes:

I guess opinions are indeed different. But this is the joke: I can see why people dislike 300 or Man of Steel. I can't see why people like This is the End. But I will have to live with that.

• Like 1

I guess opinions are indeed different. But this is the joke: I can see why people dislike 300 or Man of Steel. I can't see why people like This is the End. But I will have to live with that.

I understand why some people don't like This is the End, but I (and many people) found it gutbustingly hilarious.