baumer

The Monuments Men (2014)

13 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Haven't watched it all yet. Still have like forty minutes left.

Anyway, it IS boring and it is kind of stupid. It doesn't really know what it's trying to be. Once it gets all serious, kinda trying to copy Saving Private Ryan, and others times it gets silly and funny to appeal to family audience. I'm going to say this. The direction was pretty good. I liked the shooting locations, the way the camera was set and pretty much everything that is Clooney (again, direction). The problem wasn't the acting, although some actors were kinda 'meh'.

The problem was the script. The biggest problem. The dialogue was lame. The story progression was lame. It attempted to be both serious and funny and it FAILED. Clooney screwed it up with the script, but pretty much nailed the direction from all I care.

Decent acting and direction and great production design but the movie jumps around too much for us to care about the characters or the art that they are saving. It tries to be funny and serious at the same time but fails at both since it's too choppy for any character to be developed enough. I liked every movie Clooney's made so far and he does a good job as a director here, but fails completely as a writer.

5/10

• Like 1

Gee I don't get all the hate-it was really good. Murray was great in that part. It was quite fun as well. The score was good as well.

A-

Well also I am really interested in this subject also of the stolen art work of WW2.

Edited by Impact