baumer

Philosophers (2013)

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The idea for this movie is interesting, I give it that, but I can't really say the script was handled too well. The effects are pretty poor, but that was expected. Anyway, bothered me the most (Bare with me, I haven't watched the whole movie because it just seemed to repeat itself after 30 minutes, so if there's a twist or anything, don't expect me to know it) is that this movie could've been made in just 30 minutes, which is basically the first story.

The movie is about a philosophy class in the last day of the school year. The teacher has one last challenge for them. The end of the world is coming and there's a bunker that has space for 10 people. They're 10. Each of the students gets a card that has a job written on it. Judging from that, they will have to vote who gets in and survives and who remains out and dies.

Yeah, after the first 30 minutes you find out that the teacher, who was the wild card, was actually the one who constructed the bunker and the person to know the exit code. Basically, after 1 year, they all died because they didn't have anymore food and air.

That's it? No... the story restarts again, just in a different location. That's about it. I will probably try watching the rest someday, but I doubt it.

A big plus I can say were the filming locations in the early part of the movie. Very good filming locations, but I found myself being bothered by how the characters didn't match into the scenery... No idea why.