Peeta Tong Karanasios

La Belle et la Bête OS Thread(Very bad opening in China!)

La belle et la bete is a french film based on the traditional fairy tale of the same name by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve and it is a very hot anticipated in europe.After opened in France with good numbers the movie opened in Belgium with very bad numbers :(.However the movie just opened in Italy with a huge $2.5m and has still a lot of markets to open because Pathe’s international sales team – led by Muriel Sauzay — has sold “Beauty ” in 20 territories. Recent deals include Latin America (California), Japan (Live Viewing), China (E-Stars), Indonesia (PT Amero), South Korea (Sun Distribution), Philippines (Pioneer), Singapore (Shaw), Malaysia (Suraya), Thailand (IPA), Vietman (Sahamongkol/Rainfilm), Middle East (Phars) and Turkey (Bir Films).

The movie has a budget of $41m :D  Directed and co-written by Christophe Gans, the film stars Vincent Cassel and Léa Seydoux. It was screened out of competition at the 64th Berlin International Film Festival and will be screened at the Belgrade International Film Festival in Serbia!

;) 
Release Dates:
Belgium,France,Switzerland(french speaking part) 12 February 2014
Italy 27 February 2014
Spain, 14 March 2014
Macedonia,Serbia 20 March 2014
Russia 27 March 2014
Netherlands 17 April 2014
Greece 20 April 2014
Germany 1 May 2014
Austria 2 May 2014
Switzerland 15 May 2014(German speaking part)
Hungary 5 June 2014
Singapore 5 June 2014
Edited by PeetaKara
  • Like 1

La belle et la bete is playing in 1007 theaters in France,Italy,Croatia, Belgium and French speaking part of switzerland  and has $14,749,509 so far!

From these:

$11,755,682 are from France 

$2,500,308 are from Italy 

$488,152 are from Belgium

and 

$5,367 are from Croatia

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D 

Edited by PeetaKara
  • Like 3

La belle et la bete is playing in 992 theaters in France,Italy,Croatia and Belgium and has $14,749,509 so far!

From these:

and 

$5,367 are from Croatia

Great!!

• Like 1

Well i found Switzerland box office  :D In the french speaking part of switzerland in 15 theaters La belle et la bete has made 19.188 admissions  so far  :).Does anyone know how many $ box office are these please?

German speaking part will arrive on 15 May 2014  :D 

Turkey + Spain will arrive in just 1 week!

;) 

• Like 1

La belle et la bete is playing in 1007 theaters in France,Italy,Croatia, Belgium and French speaking part of switzerland  and has $14,749,509 so far!

From these:

and 

$5,367 are from Croatia

HOLY SH@#T!!!

Check this

In your opinion, is the European blockbuster ready to compete with the Hollywood blockbuster?
Christophe Gans:Beauty and the Beast’s budget is that of a major European comedy. My film cost €35 million, and Dany Boon’s new comedy cost €32 million. We are able to compete with the American blockbusters – all the more so because our films cost a lot less. This implies a meticulous preparation process with people who know what they’re doing, and which we have here in Europe. We must therefore be able to repatriate our franchises, our fairy-tales, Greek mythology or the tales of Jules Verne, for example, in order to make them into European blockbusters. As soon as I announced that I was making Beauty and the Beast, Hollywood announced it was making two other adaptations of the story at the same time: one by Guillermo Del Toro and starring Emma Watson, and the other one from the Disney studios. Today, my film is in the cinemas, whereas those two American projects still haven’t started up. Those versions cost too much money and take forever to see the light of day. In Hollywood, a film like that costs $200 million, which means that the studios need $600 million to recoup their investment. No American film does that well at the box office in its own country. Beauty and the Beast only needs three million admissions because it is not as expensive to finance. We’re already not that far off one million tickets sold in France in the first week of screening, and the film has been sold everywhere…

• Like 1

Check this

In your opinion, is the European blockbuster ready to compete with the Hollywood blockbuster?

Christophe Gans:Beauty and the Beast’s budget is that of a major European comedy. My film cost €35 million, and Dany Boon’s new comedy cost €32 million. We are able to compete with the American blockbusters – all the more so because our films cost a lot less. This implies a meticulous preparation process with people who know what they’re doing, and which we have here in Europe. We must therefore be able to repatriate our franchises, our fairy-tales, Greek mythology or the tales of Jules Verne, for example, in order to make them into European blockbusters. As soon as I announced that I was making Beauty and the Beast, Hollywood announced it was making two other adaptations of the story at the same time: one by Guillermo Del Toro and starring Emma Watson, and the other one from the Disney studios. Today, my film is in the cinemas, whereas those two American projects still haven’t started up. Those versions cost too much money and take forever to see the light of day. In Hollywood, a film like that costs $200 million, which means that the studios need $600 million to recoup their investment. No American film does that well at the box office in its own country. Beauty and the Beast only needs three million admissions because it is not as expensive to finance. We’re already not that far off one million tickets sold in France in the first week of screening, and the film has been sold everywhere…

we all know this .... even a 6 year old boy: if the film costs x, must earn 3x.

The question is whether the film can have an audience that collect 3x.

And be able to have as many spectators to earn at least 3x

In Europe or in Hollywood is the same.

For example in 2012 Disney's Wreck-It-Ralph have a 165M budget and earn 470m, 2,8x, in 2013 Disney's Frozen have a 150M budget and will earn around 1,1B 7,3x (in 2010 Tangled 260m/590m 2,3x). Then only Frozen can be definite as Hollywood blockbuster? No, it's a great product with a perfect marketing. Wreck-It-Ralph and Tangled much less.

italy box office  Friday 7 march by Cinetel

3 LA BELLA E LA BESTIA (LA BELLE ET LA BETE) FRA notorious pict. s.p.a.  € 169.609 adm 28.346 -17%

I just want it to have a weekend of $2m or just a 19.5%drop from last weekend...

Thursday 22%drop

Friday 17%drop

;)  :D

Even with 300 it is still perfoming good..

1m admissions may happen..