Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

Super Mario opened with 7M euros and 1 million admissions, it's a 5 days opening so we won't see crazy legs but it should ougross Minions 2 (14.8M) therefore becoming the highest grossing animated film of the pandemic (and I think the third highest overall)

The Three Musketeers instead opened with 300k in fifth position

Edited by MG10
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

which film will be the highest grossing film in Italy this summer? FastX? Indy? Barbie?

In January I predicted over 10M euros for both Fast and Furious and Indiana Jones, plus Oppenheimer, Flash and Mission Impossible just a step below

I think it will be a really interesting competition, also to see if anybody will be able to pass Super Mario as the biggest film of the year

14 hours ago, MG10 said:

In January I predicted over 10M euros for both Fast and Furious and Indiana Jones, plus Oppenheimer, Flash and Mission Impossible just a step below

I think it will be a really interesting competition, also to see if anybody will be able to pass Super Mario as the biggest film of the year

Flash? Mmm its a sh movie so..

https://cineguru.screenweek.it/2023/04/incassi-box-office-italia-giovedi-13-domenica-16-aprile-2023-super-mario-bros-37879/

Super Mario Bros grossed 3.9M in its second weekend (-33%), the total is now 13.3M.

If we take the full week it has grossed 7M in the first one (5 days opening) and 6.3M in the second, and it has already surpassed Top Gun as the fifth highest grossing movies since 2020

For the other titles we have John Wick 4 which passed the 5M mark, the third grossed 3M so this is a good increase

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

Super Mario è il terzo incasso della pandemia: il box office del 20-23 aprile (screenweek.it)

Super Mario grossed 1.7M in its third week (-55%) and 2.4M in the full week, the total is now 15.7M. It has passed both Doctor Strange and Minions 2 and is now the third highest grossing film of the past 3 years

Cocaine Bear instead opened 6th with 300k euros, delaying it by 2 months turned out to be not a good idea, especially since two weeks ago there has been the first case in Italy of a person being killed and eaten by a bear...

In the end the small Avatar re-release grossed just 60k euros for a 44.72M total

• Like 1

Yesterday was the holiday of the Italian liberation from the fascist dictatorship and due to Monday being included by schools and some jobs Mario was able to take advantage of a prolonged weekend, grossing about 1M euros on the two days compared to the 430k of the previous Monday+Tuesday (a +150%)

If I can recommend a film about fascism in the 30' and 40', I would like to nominate "A Special Day" from 1977 with Mastroianni and Sophia Loren in one of the best performances of her career

Mario won the fourth weekend in a row, grossing 1.1M euros for a 18.1M total. The 20 million are on sight!

Suzume opened with 360k euros, comparing to Weathering With You is difficult (500k in 3 days), but in its second week it should reach it

Avatar is still in some theaters and reached 44.78M euros, 60k more than the previous week

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Suzume - €471.431 / 62.733 admits

Now ahead of Toei's "One Piece: Gold" (€387K/60K admits) &Ghibli's "Porco Rosso" (€441K/75K admits). Strongly approaching Toei's "Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F'" (€534K/61K admits)

Almost forgot yesterday was holiday, +100k and now Your Name at 700k it's a possibility

+600k also for Mario (same as the last Monday), total is now 18.8M euros

• Heart 1