Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' stronger than predecessor

Italy is really a weird market..It's as much populated as France and the UK and still the size of its market is much smaller than them (twice smaller) and you can see the same problem with videogames sales, car sales..Everything. I know Italy's economy has been weak for a very long time and the buying power of its popumation strongly decreased but still it never ceases to surprise me.

Now I hope GOTG can reach 10m, and I hope Avengers 2 will be as huge as possible there.

• Like 1

Sundays are strong usually in Italy. I saw many times family movies doing almost the same than on Saturday. I think $1m Sunday is very possible

well even with a strong Sunday, best case scenario is 3 day OW will be close to $3 million.

It will need good legs to gross more than $10 million.

3 day weekend (Fri-Sun) won't beat $3 million it seems. It's going to be a lot lower than TWS's 3 day OW of $3,604,319.

Sundays are strong usually in Italy. I saw many times family movies doing almost the same than on Saturday. I think $1m Sunday is very possible

GotG did $1m on Sunday!!!  :D  $3.3m during its first 5 days and almost $3m OW!!!  ;) with a good WOM it should do the $10m expected by the end of its run!!! 

• Like 4

Just went over the three SH movies of the year and their multipliers in Italy as well as the multiplier GotG would require to reach $10 million in gross. It's worth noting neither DoFP or TWS managed $10 million with a better OW than GotG. 

The amazing spider-man 2

OW: $5,706,337

Final gross: $12,981,685

Multiplier:  X2.27

X-men: Days of future past

OW: $3,192,900

Final gross: $8,967,053

Multiplier: X2.81

Captain America: The winter soldier

OW: $3,604,319

Final gross: $9,732,200

Multiplier: X2.70

Guardians of the galaxy

OW: $2.65M

Final gross: $10M

Multiplier: X3.77

• Like 1

Actually in Italy Thursday is part of the OW. So GotG did $2.99m ;) it needs a 3.33 multiplier

Hmm well, the point still stands. Whether it's 3 day or 4day, GotG's OW was relatively poorer than the other comic book movies released this year and it needs a much better multiplier is all I'm saying. 

Interstellar did 290k Euros on Thursday. That's more than DU (245k Euros on Thur) and GOTG (272k Euros on  Wed). The First made 2,3 mln Euro during the Weekend (4days), while the second made 2,35 mln Euro during 4 days weekend (of which, 234k on Thur.) (+Wed=2,6 mln in 5 days).

If it follows similar pattern it could make 2,7 mln Euro (3,4 mln $). Inception made 2,6 mln Euro (at the time, 3,55 mln $) in its first Weekend (but that was 3days).

• Like 2

Interstellar did 290k Euros on Thursday. That's more than DU (245k Euros on Thur) and GOTG (272k Euros on  Wed). The First made 2,3 mln Euro during the Weekend (4days), while the second made 2,35 mln Euro during 4 days weekend (of which, 234k on Thur.) (+Wed=2,6 mln in 5 days).

If it follows similar pattern it could make 2,7 mln Euro (3,4 mln $). Inception made 2,6 mln Euro (at the time, 3,55 mln $) in its first Weekend (but that was 3days).

Interstellar did $0.60 on Friday, almost $1m in the first 2 days. OW should be a little over $3m. As a comparison Gravity: OW $2.75, final gross $8.75m. And at the end of September Lucy did $3.2m OW and now it´s already over $9m

GotG reached $6m yesterday. With luck it could end its run at around $8m

• Like 4

Interstellar did $0.60 on Friday, almost $1m in the first 2 days. OW should be a little over $3m. As a comparison Gravity: OW $2.75, final gross $8.75m. And at the end of September Lucy did $3.2m OW and now it´s already over $9m

GotG reached $6m yesterday. With luck it could end its run at around $8m

So hopefully with some decent legs $10 million or thereabouts should happen

Btw are you planning on seeing interstellar Henry?

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 1