Films

My Top 100 Films Since 2000 Countdown [Entered top 80]

#85- Curious George

Another guilty pleasure of mine, I absolutely loved the TV Show and I also thought the film was amazing and so fun and good. I loved the plot and Curious George was amazing like usual. An amazing under seen animation

#84- Ice Age 4

I love this franchise a lot and I think ice age 4 is one of the better films in the franchise. Scrat, Sid, Manny, Diego and the rest of the crew are amazing like usual. The addition of the new pirates adds something new to this which was good and the animation was as beautiful as ever.

#83- Flushed Away

Aardman’s animation is great to look at and I really like the characters and the plot of this film. Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet gave really good voice performances and I really enjoyed scenes such as the football match and when the main character got flushed down the toilet after trying to trick his ‘friend’ that it was a Jacuzzi.

#82- Saving Mr Banks

I’ve got one major question about this film. How the fuck did Emma Thompson not get an Oscar nomination [or even win] for her performance as P.L. Travers? The performance was absolutely amazing showing the bitter and sweet parts with my favourite performance of the whole of 2013. Tom Hanks was great as Walt Disney, the score was absolutely amazing and the film looked really beautiful. Paul Giamatti was also amazing as the cab driver and his relationship with P.L. Travers of how she hated him but then really liked him was really nice and sweet. A great film that was absolutely robbed by literally getting no Oscar nominations which was one of the best of 2013.

#81- Rio

BlueSky make fantastic animation and this is not an exception with the film about the birds being the ‘only’ blue macaws in the whole world [though more are found in the equally impressive but saw too late to qualify for my list Rio 2]. The plot is really good and I really like all the characters, especially Blu. The setting of Brazil is really good and Nigel is a great villain.

#80- Shrek 3

While most people probably hate this one the most in the Shrek franchise, I like this way more than the massively overrated Shrek 2. The film had a good plot and Shrek and Fiona were as amazing as ever. That’s all I’ll write about the Shrek franchise for this film but expect more later.

#79- The Butler [Or to be specific Lee Daniel’s The Butler]

A great film about Forrest Whittaker’s character that was the butler and his life as a butler in the white house. Even though Forrest is great in the film, the star performance is Oprah who deserved a supporting actress nomination for her fantastic turn as the butler’s wife. I also think David Oyelewo was great as Lewis and the dinner scene is fantastic. The crowd I saw this with in America [and the only film I think I’ve ever seen in a proper American cinema] had a great atmosphere and especially when Oprah slapped her son. Also I saw it opening night and it is one of the few films I have seen in the cinema twice [i saw it again in the UK when it was released here in November]. Another film on my list that deserved some Oscar nominations.

#79- The Butler [Or to be specific Lee Daniel’s The Butler]

A great film about Forrest Whittaker’s character that was the butler and his life as a butler in the white house. Even though Forrest is great in the film, the star performance is Oprah who deserved a supporting actress nomination for her fantastic turn as the butler’s wife. I also think David Oyelewo was great as Lewis and the dinner scene is fantastic. The crowd I saw this with in America [and the only film I think I’ve ever seen in a proper American cinema] had a great atmosphere and especially when Oprah slapped her son. Also I saw it opening night and it is one of the few films I have seen in the cinema twice [i saw it again in the UK when it was released here in November]. Another film on my list that deserved some Oscar nominations.

Oh no, not this travesty of a movie. 

No offense to people who liked it, but I couldn't stand this movie.

Edited by The Panda