Films

My Top 100 Films Since 2000 Countdown [Entered top 80]

First of all I will finish this countdown unlike the other one

This will be a very highly controversial list

I won't start until The Panda has finished his list of top 250 films of all time [unless he's ok with me starting]

And now it's time for an epic movie countdown to begin

Also like what The Panda did, i'm going to be running a mini competition for people to guess my top 10. I will give you one like for each film you get correct and two likes for each film you get in the correct position.

Well just because it missed the top 100, number 101 is the very recent Walking With Dinosaurs

Hope quite a lot of people read this, Thanks

FrozenFilms

Edited by FrozenFilms

Just a word of caution for you.  

Panda's list is awesome but there weren't a lot of people who commented on that list.  He put a lot of work into it and at times, it seemed like there were tumbleweeds in his thread.

Don't be surprised if you don't get a lot of traction in here.  Summer is getting closer and people are much more into the summer films and the summer games that are just around the corner.

Have at it of course, but don't take it personally if not many people comment on your work.

• Like 1

Just a word of caution for you.  

Panda's list is awesome but there weren't a lot of people who commented on that list.  He put a lot of work into it and at times, it seemed like there were tumbleweeds in his thread.

Don't be surprised if you don't get a lot of traction in here.  Summer is getting closer and people are much more into the summer films and the summer games that are just around the corner.

Have at it of course, but don't take it personally if not many people comment on your work.

To be honest, I really actually wouldn't mind if not many people commented. This is just like a personal list and more somewhere I can look back on

Also like what The Panda did, i'm going to be running a mini competition for people to guess my top 10. I will give you one like for each film you get correct and two likes for each film you get in the correct position.

#1 film since 2000: Frozen. You owe me 2 likes, Films.

• Like 3

Hey Films, here are some films I think you should consider for inclusion in your Top 25:

Almost Famous
Apocalypto
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Avengers
City of God
The Fountain
Gravity
Inception
Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill Volume 1
Kill Bill Volume 2
Memento
Miami Vice
Mulholland Drive
No Country for Old Men
Oldboy
Prisoners
The Social Network
Zero Dark Thirty
Zodiac
  • Like 3

Hey Films, here are some films I think you should consider for inclusion in your Top 25:

Almost Famous
Apocalypto
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Avengers
City of God
The Fountain
Gravity
Inception
Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill Volume 1
Kill Bill Volume 2
Memento
Miami Vice
Mulholland Drive
No Country for Old Men
Oldboy
Prisoners
The Social Network
Zero Dark Thirty
Zodiac

No Country should definitely be in the top 10

I've only seen about 5 movies on that list you posted Stingray [and 4 of them have made my countdown] because of things like my age which means I can't see 15 or 18 films in the cinema and then I'd rather watch other films on DVD.

No Country For Old Men is not in my top 100 as I have not seen it but am planning to watch it in the next 10 days [i know it's on TV sometime next week].

And time for this highly controversial countdown to start with a pretty liked film

#100- Iron Man

This was a fantastic superhero movie that I caught on DVD in 2008. Robert Downey Jr gives a fantastic performance and cements Iron Man as one of my favourite superheroes. A good plot and great special effects prove why this film started the major franchise of The Avengers.

• Like 4