CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I definitely had a mixed bag in my TF4 screening.  I think most were into it.  But the group in front of me kept on checking their phones for time.  One actually fell asleep.  I think his gf was checking FB and that was during the action sequences. And a few behind me were grumbling here and there.  

But as soon as the credits rolled a little past 1AM, the theater cleared pretty quickly.  

As for a review:

It's a Michael Bay film in it's purest most concentrated form and you get 2:45 of it!  Make no mistake about what your getting into when you step into the theater.  It's all sound and fury.  Characters?  Forget the characters.  Plot?  There's enough plot holes to fit in Unicron.  But if all you want mind numbing spectacle this is it.  

In the end I got what I was expecting.  Nothing more nothing less.  And yeah I liked it for what it was.  It's like taking the Ice Cream Kitchen Sink challenge in the San Francisco Creamery.  There's so much, it's laughable but if you knew what your getting into, it's still fun.

• Like 4

Thanks Blanks,

anyway,

Carl The Angel in I Take No For An AnswerWritten, Directed and Created by Dan DavisWe open in the suburbs, the sun has just come out and the morning has just started. Jim an artist is at his house looking at a painting.Jim: The tabarere. A work of art, a masterpiece. Took me over a year to make this thing (Turns his head). I’ll throw it away this afternoon, it’s been bothering for me sometime. The stare on that man’s face really gets to me.Jim walks around his house.Voice: Hey buddy.Jim looks.Voice: Yeah buddy.Jim looks again. He doesn’t see anything.Voice: Hey Buddy I’m right next to you. Turn your head, doofus.Jim looks and sees that the painting is staring at him. He jumps.Jim: Did that painting just talk and move its head?Painting: It sure did. I hear you’re a struggling artist.Jim: What ticked you off? The fact that my breakfast lunch and dinner consists of the exact same thing, burnt toast.Jim holds burnt toast in his hand.Jim: Its delicious (has a fake smile on his face).Painting: Well do I have proposition for you.Jim: Does it involve getting back at my higher-ups?Painting: Uh… no.Jim: Then I’m not interested.Painting: Oh come on! I have ways of helping people like you.Meanwhile Carl the Angel is flying in the sky.Carl The Angel: Well here I am. Gotta stop a struggling artist from selling his soul to the devil. Hope this one doesn’t have a pet boar.Carl shakes off the boar that is still trying to bite him on the leg.Carl The Angel: Shouldn’t have made myself so apparent to that animal.Carl flies to the house and through the door. He stops and looks and then sees that Jim is talking to a painting.Jim: Listen is this supposed to be some kind of sick twisted joke.Painting: No not at all, come with me and you’ll be able to sit down on a comfortable cushion.Jim: Oh, I like that.Suddenly the painting sucks Jim in. Jim screams “woah!”As Jim falls into an endless void. He hears a voice.Voice: Hello Jim welcome to the best thing that can possibly happen to you. I can make your dreams come true. Look down there.Jim looks down and sees that he is a successful artist who is signing autographs at an art museum exhibit.Jim: That’s me I’m a success artist, look at me, that’s me, hey… I look too handsome.Voice: All you need to do (suddenly a figure appears, a salesman wearing a red suit) is sign this contract.Jim looks at the sheet.Red salesman: Of course there will be some details that come along with signing this paper.Jim: What?Red salesman: Oh, uh, oh, nothing, nothing at all, forget what I just said.Jim just ignores him, and signs the paper, as the man laughs “ha-ha-ha”.Jim: Say why you are laughing so… evil-like.Red Salesman: Oh… that was just me testing out… my vocal cords. I’m planning to be a world renowned soprano singer. HA, HA, HA!!!! Lovely isn’t it.Jim just looks. As Jim finishes signing the paper. It disappears. Suddenly Jim finds himself in his house again. Everything is back to the way it used to be.Jim: Hmm, must have been one freaky dream I just had there.Carl the Angel shows up.Carl The Angel: I wonder if I’m too late. Hello Jim, I’m an angel, well not necessarily an angel, I’m trying to earn my keep in heaven, but I’m here to help you, from selling your soul to the devil.Jim looks at him.Jim: Is this supposed to be some kind of early April fools prank or something, cause I’m not laughing.Carl The Angel: But wait.Jim walks to the door and Carl the Angel follows him.Carl The Angel: You don’t realize what you’re doing? You made a deal with the devil. The side effects will be damaging. Sure you’ll find fame and fortune, but the cost will be dearly…Before Carl the Angel can say anything. Jim closes the door on him.Jim: I don’t know what you’re talking about Mr. Angel, I don’t believe I ever encountered someone called The Devil in my entire life.Carl The Angel: Well this one sticky situation I’ve gotten myself into it.Jim is at his house when he gets a call on the phone.Jim: Hello? Oh Mr. Bobbinstock. I’ll be glad to present my art at the museum. By the way why are you selecting me?The scene cuts to Mr. Bobbinstock holding the phone at the museum.Mr. Bobbinstock: Well you see, your art is so good and unique that the rest of the world just needs to see it.Jim: Okay, I’ll be over there in a second.Mr. Bobbinstock: Good, good. I’m getting very tired of the art that’s being shown right now. It’s not good for the locals.Scene shows a hillbilly displaying his slime collection.Hillbilly: This is my slime collection that I hold dear and truly. If anything of you people leave, I’ll get my shotgun.The next scene shows magazine covers displaying the headlines “Jim a famous renowned artist is going to present another masterpiece at the Davisville Art Museum”, “Jim the breakthrough star of 13”, “Jim The Hot New Thing, found out the secrets of how he makes his magnificent art work”.Carl the Angel is reading that headline.CTA: Hmm, well I wouldn’t call his artwork magnificent, more like a middling ground that you blast your feet at.Garbageman: Hey guy with fake wings pick up the trash.CTA: Yeah, yeah, coming (looks at the garbage). I’m never gonna look at spinach the same way again.Carl throws the trash away. As he does a light shines down on him.Carl: God is that you? Why in the world did you only shine that light on me?God voice: I got free coupons. Eh hem, you must save that artist from destroying himself.Carl: He brought it upon himself, why should I help him? I mean there’s no point in helping him, it’s kinda useless at this point.Carl gets struck by the wind.God voice: Do it now or ELSE!The wind strikes Carl and throws him.Jim is in his mansion reading a book, when his butler comes in.Butler: Your steak, sir!Jim takes the steak rudely from his butler, and then proceeds to eat it.Jim: Yuck, what’s with this steak, why is it made of so much flower? I want to see the cook of this house? Why can’t I get some really food around here?Butler: That would be because you threw out the only pan we had yesterday out of frustration and anger.Jim: Aw forget that. I’m gonna watch some TV.Jim goes to a blank screen and tries to turn it on, using the remote.Jim: Why is this not working? He drops the remote and stomps on it. This blows.Maid: That would be sir, because you threw out the TV out two days out of rage and frustration.Jim: Aw! Forget this! Forget this whole house! It’s junk.Carl the Angel appears.Carl the Angel: Okay, okay stop! Look at yourself, you’re a mess, getting anger over the fact that your TV can’t work. What a failure.Jim looks down in shame.Jim: What have I done, I’ve basically become an egotistical monster. I want it back, I want my old life back, and I don’t care about becoming famous and rich anymore.Voice: You want it back?Jim: Yes, I want it all back. No more hot women in bathtubs, no more unlimited supply of relaxing cushions. I want it back, I want it all back, my old life.Voice: Never. I have your life now and there’s nothing you can do about it.Carl the Angel: Just wait one minute there nothing guy.Voice: Uh!Carl the Angel: I’ll make a deal with you!Voice: You will!Carl the Angel: Of course I’ll make a deal with you, but I know the devil would double cross me.The red suited salesman shows up.Devil: Well good to know you know who I am.Carl grabs the devil and throws him across the room. He then holds him up right.Carl the Angel: Alright listen, you’re gonna give this guy his own freedom back, understood?Devil: Oh well this isn’t backrub refreshing, if anything its more mellow if nothing. Very well you can have your old life back, I don’t care anymore.Just as Devil pulls his staff out it falls. Jim touches it.Devil: Wait don’t touch that…. Oh no!The scenario changes. Carl the Angel waves his hand, suddenly he Jim and The Devil being chased by giant pork across a blackened street.The Devil: When I get out of here, nobody’s getting their souls back, not even mine. (End).

*applauds* This one is easily the best one yet :)

• Like 1

Let's talk about GOZDILLA, Ed.

It will fail to reach 200M unless WB drags his run until December and uses The Hobbit 3 to make it pass the mark. 

Now we need a nice 48-50+M Increase for Saturday. Im so sorry Im working online and cant contribute for Sat..lol

You going this weekend Accursed. Wished Our OD had been in the top 10, but shit I'll take it.. This yr people just arent coming out in droves to give films the repeat business films deserve.. You can bet had TDKR come out this year, it would have barely made

215M domestic.

I'll give you this Kal, you're positive, if stubbornly so... ;)

Empire I told you never believe the haters.. Now lets see if Optimus can get a  46-50+M Saturday or even higher. .

" STAND BY!!!""  "STAND BY FOR PRIME!"  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Maybe 75% of that...maybe...

He means TDKR was better than all 2014 comic book movies this year.

I know. That is why I told him that we are not in 2013. Because CA2 and DoFP are both better than TDKR, while Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel were worse  :ph34r: