Dementeleus

Monday Numbers 7/7 | AOE 4.76, Tammy 2.78, 22 Jump 1.55, Dragon2 1.45, DUFE 1.42, ETE 1.3 (spatula) | Actuals p13

Just had an awesome indie movie night. I was kinda disappointed by Bernie but it was still good. Safety Not Guaranteed was GREAT though

Hey Blanks did you read the skit I sent you yet, just wondering?

I've done pretty good for myself with this script writing stuff. I've already written five episodes in one week, course they still need to be acted out, but at least I have good idea of how they are, and the effort seems to be there.

Now it's time for re-writes. ;)
  • Like 2

BTW, on the Calvin and Hobbes story posted earlier in this thread... I skimmed that too, mostly because I can't stand Calvin and Hobbes fanwork. It just feels wrong to me with Watterson's position on the stuff

• Like 1

Now it's time for re-writes. ;)

I already rewrote one already. Made some edits, and altered a little dialogue. Gonna try to film it sometime in the next week or so.

Edited by Pokearcher

I already rewrote one already. Made some slight edits, and altered some dialogue. Gonna try to film it sometime in the next week or so.

Just one rewrite? :)Edit: I guess it depends on how long your eps are. Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

Just one rewrite? :)

I'm not gonna try to break into Hollywood until after I graduate college, which isn't for another a 2 years, so I think I'm fine.

This is just something I'm doing for a local TV station. Some of the dialogue gonna probably be improvised based off my scenarios, but most of my own dialogue will be used.

• Like 2

Watching movies like Safety Not Guaranteed makes me want to try my hand at writing a low-budget indie comedy

But then I realize I have no quirky cheap ideas and movies like that need more creativity behind it than I do (in those scenarios; I have loads of hard sci-fi ideas, but not cheap ones)

Watching movies like Safety Not Guaranteed makes me want to try my hand at writing a low-budget indie comedy But then I realize I have no quirky cheap ideas and movies like that need more creativity behind it than I do (in those scenarios; I have loads of hard sci-fi ideas, but not cheap ones)

If you just want to write it, then why worry about expense? Just write it and treat it as a writing sample.
  • Like 2

If you just want to write it, then why worry about expense? Just write it and treat it as a writing sample.

But, like, shouldn't I write something with the intent of it being a possible thing to make?

I ask because the one script I ever actually started writing was, of course for me, CHUCK NORRIS AND LIAM NEESON VS. THE LOCH NESS MONSTER. I only wrote a ten page excerpt of it for two reasons though: one, it was a school assignment, and two, it'd be impossible to ever get made (it made fun of Chuck Norris being an uber-conservative while he's the main character; pretty much every character in it was a celebrity; etc.)

I mean, looking at CAYOM for writing scripts off them, all the stuff I'd like to write are either adaptations, tribute pieces to directors, or would be better off as TV shows.

(...hold on a sec, I just found an older film of mine that could actually work as a legit script... hmmm)

I skimmed it. Will probably take an actual look at it tomorrow (I'm pretty tired right now)

BTW it's actually a pretty action packed story, could work well as a half n hour story if I really tried.

Like H & S it's based off an older character I created, specifically in the fifth grade, in art class, I used to draw comics with Agent C. This story was original told by my dad.

Edited by Pokearcher

But, like, shouldn't I write something with the intent of it being a possible thing to make?I ask because the one script I ever actually started writing was, of course for me, CHUCK NORRIS AND LIAM NEESON VS. THE LOCH NESS MONSTER. I only wrote a ten page excerpt of it for two reasons though: one, it was a school assignment, and two, it'd be impossible to ever get made (it made fun of Chuck Norris being an uber-conservative while he's the main character; pretty much every character in it was a celebrity; etc.)I mean, looking at CAYOM for writing scripts off them, all the stuff I'd like to write are either adaptations, tribute pieces to directors, or would be better off as TV shows.(...hold on a sec, I just found an older film of mine that could actually work as a legit script... hmmm)

No, Tele is correct. You should have a writing sample. Your first script isn't gonna get sold, no matter how good you think it is. You just need to practice. Write, write and write more.
  • Like 1

BTW it's actually a pretty action packed story, could work well as a half n hour story if I really tried.

Like H & S it's based off an older character I created, specifically in the fifth grade, in art class, I used to draw comics with Agent C. This story was original told by my dad.

Remember that at some point in your show, you're gonna have to do a double length episode ;)

• Like 1

Remember that at some point in your show, you're gonna have to do a double length episode ;)

Yup. I have quite a few Agent C stories that could work as double length or even two parters, there were a few that were told that were originally two parters.

My show is both live action and animation, I like to do both, so I want to fit both in.

BTW that plot of your film Blanks could actually work well as an quirky indie. The idea of someone going back in time to change the future has been done to death, but it works in this context.

Edited by Pokearcher