Olive

Weekend Numbers...pg 29 (Lucy 44M, Herc 29...big drops for most holdovers)

She never took advantage of it, and being married to Ryan Reynolds didn't help.

At this point she seems less interested in being actress and more of a fashion icon. Makes sense, given that's the only way she can keep herself relevant in the media for five or so years.

She could try to do both.

She could try to do both.

She could, but given that she only has film in production, I'd say she's probably more pleased right now with being on covers and doing advertisements for major advertisements, then she is being a serious actress.

Edited by Pokearcher

LOL She was the first to come to mind.

Yup. She claims she never slept her way through Hollywood and yet all of her film roles basically consist of her looking pretty and hot.

RIGHT!! I think not.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

So true. I'll say this, she's better than someone like Jessica Alba in that regard.

Come on guys... Scarlett can actually act.. Shes just done alot of things that makes it hard to take her seriousy. Shes slept around with various directors, producers actors and  was a wild child back in the day.. Still we can say the same about  Jolie,

Megan Good, Vanessa Willams and way too many talented actresses today.

One thing for sure Ive liked her since the Island and its not just her looks.. She makes an impact and puts her best effort forth in her films. I think like her character in the biig breakout hit Lucy she will evolve..

I gave Lucy a 7.5.. :) Decent , but got a bit out there towards the end. .Wanted more , buts its better than alot of films this year.

I do recommend Matinee as this is a Bizzarre Film, I hope it truly gets a sequel to better explain all about where Lucy has evolved to. Love that she maybe the most powerful character ever on screen.. Its crazy I kid you not!

Lucy only cost 40+M maybe 70+M with advertising.. Its going to be huge hit for Scarjo as the headliner.. And its about time!!

• Like 1

LOL She was the first to come to mind.

Lol I actually Like Jessica Alba, but I think she she has done the bimbo roles far too often she cornered herself in those ditsy roles. If you watch her in the James Cameron shortlived Fox TV Show -Dark Angel.. She also has acting chops. Though her roles are film she went for the sex appeal more than the deep acting type roles or rather didnt try to escape Typecasting.

I hope she too has a breakout role. I loved her in Fantastic Four, though the writers were ludcrious for the movies.

Chris Evans and the dude from the Shield were truly the best things going for that saga.

I never said she wasn't a draw. The reason I predicted that it will finish with 84M is because it looked bad and it has a lot of competition coming up. 

It might go higher, but it will finish closer to my prediction than your prediction of 140M or whatever you said. 

I predicted 135-140.. And sorry your prediction will be far off. The film is likely going to hit 100+M.. Far cry from your 70+ to 80M Lol. My OW was also closer than yours Empire.. Next time dont let your hatred for Scarjo overtake yur logic :P

Thor, Dr. Strange, Captain America, Ant-Man and Iron Man may all be white males but they all have vastly different powers and personalities.

They need some flavor though grey.. So I expect to  see Powerman, Black Panther. Maybe a Storm movie and  so much more.

Iron Fist could star a  great asian actor.. Folks want more diversity. :)

She never took advantage of it, and being married to Ryan Reynolds didn't help.

At this point she seems less interested in being actress and more of a fashion icon. Makes sense, given that's the only way she can keep herself relevant in the media for five or so years.

Archer brother.. What are you saying gf puts all shes got into the roles. Its just she was a wild child so many people give her that bad rap that she sleeps her way and just looks pretty to get roles. She might have been slutty in the past, but I think she has matured and Disney is giving her a raise for a reason and not just replacing her. She refused to work for the chump change they wanted to pay her to continue as BW... And now that she her first blockbuster, her case is proven.

Shes a big draw.. This crazy bizarre film opened up bigger than Underworld with established Kate Beckinsale.

Scarjo now needs to pick roles really well and I think her drawing power will go up my friend.

Empire and now you.. 

Whats up with this ignoring Scarjo's acting ability. She is excellent in all the marvel films, her voice acting and passion in her is up there with the greatest voice work I can think of. And  she was really good in Lucy(though the film needed better writing lol)

Also watch her in the island she pulls you to the screen because of both her talent and looks).

I can forget alot of better looking females, but its Scarjos screen presence and acting that makes me  root for her and care about her films.. Just look how the far better looking Natasha Hendstridge faded and had hit films in Species I And II.

Archer brother.. What are you saying gf puts all shes got into the roles. Its just she was a wild child so many people give her that bad rap that she sleeps her way and just looks pretty to get roles. She might have been slutty in the past, but I think she has matured and Disney is giving her a raise for a reason and not just replacing her. She refused to work for the chump change they wanted to pay her to continue as BW... And now that she her first blockbuster, her case is proven.

Shes a big draw.. This crazy bizarre film opened up bigger than Underworld with established Kate Beckinsale.

Scarjo now needs to pick roles really well and I think her drawing power will go up my friend.

Empire and now you.. 

Whats up with this ignoring Scarjo's acting ability. She is excellent in all the marvel films, her voice acting and passion in her is up there with the greatest voice work I can think of. And  she was really good in Lucy(though the film needed better writing lol)

Also watch her in the island she pulls you to the screen because of both her talent and looks).

I can forget alot of better looking females, but its Scarjos screen presence and acting that makes me  root for her and care about her films.. Just look how the far better looking Natasha Hendstridge faded and had hit films in Species I And II.

Blake Lively is the one people are talking about here no Scar Jo.

• Like 2

They need some flavor though grey.. So I expect to  see Powerman, Black Panther. Maybe a Storm movie and  so much more.Iron Fist could star a  great asian actor.. Folks want more diversity. :)

I don't hate her, I was just trying to be logical and I never even gave a prediction for its OW. I still think it will finish closer to my prediction, but we will see.

I don't hate her, I was just trying to be logical and I never even gave a prediction for its OW. I still think it will finish closer to my prediction, but we will see.

How so your predict was 75 or 80M... The way  folks are saying this is a bizaree kick ass film looks like it will get to 120-130+ perhaps.

My predict was 135-140. :) I dont see the film getting  only a 2.0 Multi Empire .. :P Give the girl her due... And the film cost only 40M to make. Its a huge hit.. (Im willing to bet advertising was in the 25-30M mark) So total costs are a measly 65-70M ... 

This is great lets see how it holds vs Guardians

Edited by Superman001

Blake Lively is the one people are talking about here no Scar Jo.

What are you thinking for the final Tally Ectasy. THink this will get 120+M domestic. Its a very unique film.. I think it will find an audience..

Lots of cool moments, but if only Besson had given her more of a challenge or deeper build up to her full potential.

Im Glad hes open to a sequel. :)