Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

7.2 is low for haters, you're confusing the real world with this forum.I accept the people saying that Prometheus is bad (I only give B/B+), I don't accept people saying it's a giant mess, the worst movie of the year etc.

Lol, wait so IMDB is the real world???A movies box office performance shows a better indication of what the GA think of a movie than RT, IMDB or any other site, and guess what?? It's legs sucked. If people remember, it only had a B cinemascore which is no disaster, but in no way suggests the movie was loved. What hilarious about this is that's the same cinema score given to The Green Lantern which had a very similar box office performance with similar drops, which btw, certainly wasn't loved.People can praise this film all they want, that's fine as opinions are different, but to say this movie was loved by the GA and all the haters are a minority is just laughably wrong and only makes you hard to take seriously.

Actually when a movie is certified fresh and has positive ratings/reviews it generally means people liked it.

This is a rated R film, you're forgetting. Besides the fact that Fox Executives said they were very pleased its success as a rated R film and it needed at least 300 mill to guarentee a sequel, which it far surpassed to well over 400 mill.

also getting the highest iTunes download of any film ever. 

Welcome to box office, baby!

Deal with it. ;)

Yeah Clash Of The Titans did get a sequel too. That proves something right?

What? I'm DASHRENDAR44. What are you talking about?! I'm not Jessie. Bring me the quote before putting in my mouth something I've never said. You're nutsy.

Hey when did I ever say the film wasn't a success?? Lol

The only troll is you. Learn what an opinion is. And your opinion is the minority. Also Transformers 2 is ROTTEN with 20% critical raitingand 5.9 on IMDb so POOR TRY can't even use the google

Which was much better recieved with the public than Prometheus ;)

Hater Logic:

Oh noooo

Ridley Scott created an insanely layered golden age science fiction space horror filled with wonder and mystery done with PRACTICAL EFFECTS

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww

But if this were made in the 80's I would hail it as a masterpiece simply because it's older bawwwww

I'll excuse the stupidity of the Marines and the people in every other Alien film, even defend AVP, AVPR, and Predators because they were simple and didn't make me think hard

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah Clash Of The Titans did get a sequel too. That proves something right?

Does it prove you're "right" about Prometheus not being liked?

No

Which was much better recieved with the public than Prometheus

Actually it wasn't. It's just a PG-13 film so naturally made money, but got terrible raitings from both users and critics.

Sorry you hate quality.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hater Logic:

Posted Image

Okay explain this to me, I'm actually interested..

In this picture we see the Alien don't we? But how? The Alien was created at the end of the film with a series of random events involving humans having sex and squids impregnating the space jockey. So how had one been created before?? If you can answer this, then great.

Edited by Jessie

Yesss nothing like a bit of style over substance to prove your point...

Actually it was full of substance, as has been explained.

Its complex literary and religous themes simply went over your head.

Also most Science Fiction films of the 80's are the definition of style over substance.

Thankfully Prometheus had both style and an almost unheardof amount of substance.

Every single bit of imagry unravels another piece of the pie :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by space biscuit

Does it prove you're "right" about Prometheus not being liked?

No

No, it does prove that "getting a sequel" does not prove quality as my Clash Of the Titans exemple suggested. Making money too. Try again.

Edited by dashrendar44

In this picture we see the Alien don't we? But how? The Alien was created at the end of the film with a series of random events involving humans having sex and squids impregnating the space jockey. So how had one been created before?? If you can answer this, then great.

What?

It's not random events at all.

That Alien is known as The Deacon in the crusafix pose, as been around for eons. It represents the pefect organism or posthuman form. The highest level of assention. The Enginners being transhumans. It shows its lifecycle on the mural (HR Giger's Artwork)

To become perfect you must sacrifice the body.

Here is how the black liquid works. Holloway breaking down from ingestion effects to creating life.

Fifield becoming mutating into an Alien from the inhalation effects of the primordial liquid.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by space biscuit

No, it does prove that "getting a sequel" does not prove quality as my Clash Of the Titans exemple suggested. Making money too.

Quality by consensus is proven by the ratings. Prometheus is both positive by both critics and audiences.

Try again.

Edited by space biscuit

Actually it wasn't. It's just a PG-13 film so naturally made money, but got terrible raitings from both users and critics.

Sorry you hate quality.

So every PG movie should be earning over 400m then??? To say Prometheus was more liked with the GA than Transformers 1,2 or 3 is simply delusional and retarded.

What?

It's not random events at all.

That Alien is known as The Deacon in the crusafix post, as been around for eons. It represents the pefect organism or posthuman form. The highest level of assention. The Enginners being transhumans. It shows its lifecycle on the mural (HR Giger's Artwork)

To become perfect you must sacrifice the body.

Here is how the black liquid works. Holloway breaking down from ingestion effects to creating life.

Fifield becoming mutating into an Alien from the inhalation effects of the primordial liquid.

Posted Image

See this is why the GA aren't too fond with this movie. The fact that we have to search the internet just to have some questions about the movies plot answered is just tiring. This should be explained in the movie, instead it just seems like Ridley did a shitty job and fans of the product are tying up the loose ends. That is not a sign of a great film.

• Like 1

So every PG movie should be earning over 400m then??? To say Prometheus was more liked with the GA than Transformers 1,2 or 3 is simply delusional and retarded.

Actually it isn't.

Transformers has a lower rating by audience members.

To think otherwise would be delusional and retarded.

Of course people will see the films. I got duped by Bay twice into seeing those horrible things (imo). The third one was forced to watch though.

See this is why the GA aren't too fond with this movie. The fact that we have to search the internet just to have some questions about the movies plot answered is just tiring. This should be explained in the movie, instead it just seems like Ridley did a shitty job and fans of the product are tying up the loose ends. That is not a sign of a great film.

Wrong. We were able to figure it out on the Prometheus forums.

Having all of the answers = boring.

This is true science fiction. Stick to more common scifi's if you can't handle mystery.

Prometheus was a Golden Age science fiction film complex and layered. You must see it many times to pick up on all of the incredible details. And that my friend is what makes an interesting and memorable film.

Are we still talking about MIB3? No. It was alright, but it's not one with the level of depth and emotion this has.

Horray for Prometheus

A rich film with old school effects in a CGI wastland of only action and superhero movies as the other "Scifi"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah quality when you got obvious editing flaw like the Fifield scene:

In the hangar scene intercut with the medpod scene and Weyland talk, you see a mutated Fifield killing everyone. Well the two mercs who were firing pistols at it then jump in the transport vehicle, but one gets an axe to the back. You see this same guy a few mins later suited up and helping Weyland get ready to go meet the SJ, but then you dont see him anymore after that and also a few crew members disappear between that scene and arriving at the Juggernaut ship. A man who dies in one scene is perfectly alive in the next scene suiting up with Weyland.

You know why?

Because the Fifield attack originally took place as Weyland was leaving the Prometheus to go visit the last engineer (not during the medpod and Weyland talking scene), as we know from some of the first leaked stills which show old Weyland in his exo-suit accompanied by the mercs firing weapons as they enter the hanger bay. It was later re-edited to be moved back to be cross-cut with the Medpod scene, when Weyland hadn't started to leave the ship yet.Which is apparently why after the truck backs over Fifield, it takes off and keeps going, as when it was shot, it was likely intended that Weyland and everyone Shaw, David etc were riding in it.

Yeah, that's your masterpiece with such sloppy editing.

Pathetic to defend that like you do.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I've never defended that.

The full sequence where Shaw kills him would have been much better.

Most people don't notice it though. But still, we need a longer cut of the film.

Just like Alien and Blade Runner have inferior theatrical cuts.

This is my only problem with Ridley. I don't care about pacing.

Just give me the longest cut possible. :)

You know what's really pathetic? You lying and putting words in peoples mouths.

Please find me the quote where I have defended that scene. If you don't, you lose once again.

Go ahead troll, make my day.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by space biscuit