baumer

Last of the Mohicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Last of the Mohicans

ALast of the Mohicans is just a beautiful, awesome historical epic. DDL, Madeleine Stowe and Wes Studi were all brilliant - the score is one of my favourites ever. I saw this three times in the theatres.

Brilliant score, I'll give them that, but the movie is just all over the place and I couldn't get into it. Good performances and directing (at times brilliant but I wasn't the biggest fan of the battles) save it from the awful script though.

6/10

The ending could have been bigger??This films has one of the coolest endings for a film. Whole entire scene is hardly any talking, choreographed to the background score. 

The film itself, I think is rather decent throughout, but that ending is likely what made it stand out over the past 2 decades. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Its been some time since Ive seen it. I remember liking many things about it, maybe a rewatch down the line will change my mind. My dad loves this movie though. 

I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was great. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

The ending could have been bigger??This films has one of the coolest endings for a film. Whole entire scene is hardly any talking, choreographed to the background score. 

The film itself, I think is rather decent throughout, but that ending is likely what made it stand out over the past 2 decades. 

The ending is simply gorgeous but it would have been so much better if I cared about the characters. I mean, when the blonde jumped, I nearly laughed.

Its been some time since Ive seen it. I remember liking many things about it, maybe a rewatch down the line will change my mind. My dad loves this movie though. 

I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was great. 

My parents are suckers for historical epics with a love story or revenge.

They loved Gladiator for example (however my dad does not believe the Romans built something as big as the Coliseum back then) 

• Like 1

Oh I loved the ending my friend, I mean I would have loved to see them go through a big war of indians

to free his wives and a few more armies before the end.. Then again it could be I havent seen this film

in 5-7 yrs... Lol.. But yep that ending was pretty crazy. Felt bad for the girl though.. Looks like she loved her hubby

and would rather die and join him than be a slave girl