Avatree

Return of the King is the Best Film of the Century. Fact.

47.32%

tumblr_n2joctmomo1qf70axo1_1280.jpg

Director: Jonathan Glazer

Written by: Walter Campbell, Jonathan Glazer

Scarlett Johansson hasn't had much to say for her so far in our list. But the strange, creepy Under the Skin stalks its way up to #29.

RT Consensus: "Its message may prove elusive for some, but with absorbing imagery and a mesmerizing performance from Scarlett Johansson, Under the Skin is a haunting viewing experience."

tumblr_n7d0niFLFw1qjqxmoo3_400.gif

• Like 6

48.82%

SpiritedAway-724x1024.jpg

Director: Hayao Miyazaki

Written by: Hayao Miyazaki

Miyazaki has recently completed his final film, but it's this one that remains Studio Ghibli's trademark picture. Spirited Away blends into our list at #28.

RT Consensus: "A dazzling, enchanting, and gorgeously drawn fairy tale that will leave viewers a little more curious and fascinated by the world around them."

fvbJ2N1.gif

• Like 10

49.08%

ed8064494fad2297610e383f79c45f9f.png

Director: Ang Lee

Written by: Larry McMurty, Diana Ossana

Despite only being 10 years old, Ang Lee's titanic film about two lovers is already considered by many to be a modern classic. The final Lee film on our list, Brokeback Mountain rides in to spot #27 of the century.

RT Consensus: "A beautiful, epic Western, Brokeback Mountain's love story is imbued with heartbreaking universality thanks to moving performances by Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal."

tumblr_mdf9m8FW0G1qcga5ro1_500.gif

• Like 8

51.22%

her___poster_minimalist__1_by_jorislaqui

Director: Spike Jonze

Written by: Spike Jonze

The rather unique Spike Jonze brings his soothing sci-fi romance to our list. Her uploads itself to the 100 at #26.

RT Consensus: "Sweet, soulful, and smart, Spike Jonze's Her uses its just-barely-sci fi scenario to impart wryly funny wisdom about the state of modern human relationships."

tumblr_n1erx39fKI1qduh7lo1_500.gif

• Like 8

52.16%

a367a01403267b74cb76c3a39eec48e9.jpg

Director: Paul Greengrass

Written by: Scott Z. Burns, Tony Gilroy, George Nolfi

Yes, Jason Bourne does make it on to the best of the century. The Ultimatum to the highly-acclaimed spy trilogy sneaks its way up to #25.

RT Consensus: "An intelligent, finely tuned non-stop thrill ride. Another strong performance from Matt Damon and sharp camerawork from Paul Greengrass make this the finest installment of the Bourne trilogy."

tumblr_m6k6a5gFDF1qgple6o1_500.gif

• Like 8

I think, deep down in your heart, you know where they are.

At the end of this, I'll list more films below the #100 mark briefly and you'll be able to see their position. :)

• Like 1

I think, deep down in your heart, you know where they are.

At the end of this, I'll list more films below the #100 mark briefly and you'll be able to see their position. :)

I knew they wouldn't make it ( this high.) I was only joking.

Yes, Jason Bourne does make it on to the best of the century. The Ultimatum to the highly-acclaimed spy trilogy sneaks its way up to #25.

RT Consensus: "An intelligent, finely tuned non-stop thrill ride. Another strong performance from Matt Damon and sharp camerawork from Paul Greengrass make this the finest installment of the Bourne trilogy."

tumblr_m6k6a5gFDF1qgple6o1_500.gif

Wrong movie

• Like 2