9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I don't know why, but I like this Disney movie in particular.

There were lots of tumultuous goings on at WDAS around the time Bolt was made. Just a few years before this movie, they were making traditional 2-D animated films, most of which failed at the box office. The people in charge decided that it was time to move on and make CG animated films from then on, turning its back on an art form that the studio practiced for nearly 80 years.

Not only that, a beloved director, Chris Sanders, was fired from Disney because few people liked how his movie American Dog was turning out. He was replaced by Byron Howard and Chris Williams, who had to make a whole animated movie in 18 months.

So what did they do? They took it easy. Bolt isn't exactly groundbreaking stuff storywise, but I sense a weird kind of allegory with Bolt and the animation studio itself. It's touching to see Mittens the cat teach Bolt how to act like a normal dog for the first time in his life. Just going back to basics.

Bolt has one of the happiest endings of any movie I've ever seen. And I bet lots of people were relieved when the movie was warmly received.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

good but not best animated picture quality.  A-/B+.

Animated Awards were - Wall E > Bolt, Kung Fu Panda

the cat-dog tandem was funny, as were the alien references,

the story of Bolt's journey takes 30 minutes to get going

seemed there were some Disney Animation easter eggs and other promotions in the film.

Edited by dX airdry zid