Maggie (2014)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Maggie (2014)

A very strange little film. It's uneven and it's obvious that it's the director's first film but it's definitely interesting.

It creates an atmosphere of melancholy and dread and has a very interesting premise that works well as an allegory. But unfortunately the director misses a lot of opportunities that the script offers him to create suspense or dramatic tension.

Breslin is great in the title role but the real revelation is Schwrzenegger who's completely believable, humane and heart-breaking at times. By far his best performance. It's a shame that the film isn't as good as it could have been considering the script and the performances.

Still an interesting movie that at least tries to give us something different.

i enjoyed the film and Arnold was very good in it.  it did seem to drag a bit in some places and overall had some great themes.  But it did seem to lack that one thing to keep it together.

I still recommend the film though, as all the performances were good to great.  I did like the take on the zombie process taking a while so you got to see the full on reactions of seeing his daughter turning into one, including he is still protective of his daughter all the way until the end.  it's a sad road to see but definitely a new take on the genre

B+

Edited by 75live