MrFanaticGuy34

Fanatic's Top 20 Animated Disney Classics

What's the topic, you may ask....well it's the "Fanatic's Top 20 Animated Disney Classics". :lol:

Yes...this is a list of some of my top 20 favorite Disney animated films from the "Classics Canon". I'll count down what my favorites are and why i love them.

Now here are the rules:

1. Since it's my own list, it will be entirely opinion-based....so if the Disney movie, YOU loved so much isn't on the list,...then sorry, i can't help you...it could depend on A: if i didn't like that film as much, or B: i haven't seen it.

2. I won't be writing down too much about why i loved the film and such..., just something short about it for me to get to the next Disney films, faster...if i can...no need for me to get too rushed.

Aside from that.....here we go! B)

• Like 2

The Jungle Book (1967)

Box Office: $141M DOM & $205M WW:

the_jungle_book_movie-5052.jpg

A really charming films with such memorable characters like Baloo, Bagheera, King Louie, etc. The songs themselves are very good as well. I mean everyone remembers the song "Bare Necessities". Even though it was Walt Disney's last animated film he ever worked on, the film itself will still be in people's heart as time moves on.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

The Rescuers (1977)

Box Office: $71M DOM

51F575DHZZL.jpg

One of the few Disney films from the 70's that people do remember and liked very much. The story itself is very charming and the characters themselves are engaging. Even the songs themselves, are very good, IMO.

Also...13 years later, it got itself a sequel, which people seems to consider better than the first one.....I'll get to it very soon.

• Like 1

Alice in Wonderland (1951)

Box Office: 2.4M DOM

Alice_in_Wonderland_(1951_film)_poster.j

Now, before Tim Burton would do his take on "AIW" in 2010 with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, there was this animated adaptation that came first back in 1951. And boy, did we love this film. This one captured the nonsense and the strangeness from the book it was based on. Alice, herself in this, is very likeable, the side characters are very funny, especially Mad Hatter, March Hare & the Chesire cat.

• Like 1

Peter Pan (1953)

Box Office: $87M DOM

Peter-Pan-DVD-M-web.jpg

Hmm....what can i say that hasn't been said by anyone else....i just really adore it. Peter Pan is one of those Disney heroes, you would want to hang out with. Also, who would forget the villain "Captain Hook"? He is easily one of the best Disney villains, period..even along in the top 15.

The story itself was so classical, that Hollywood made more movie adaptations of it. "Hook" released in 1991, starring Robin Williams & Dustin Hoffman. The 2003 live-action adaptation, directed by P.J Hogan.....and even the Disney adaptation got itself a sequel released in theaters.

• Like 1

Wreck It Ralph (2012)

Box Office: $189M DOM & $471M WW

wreck-it-ralph-bad-guys-anonymous.jpg

Who would guess that a video-game-related concept would be translated well into a Disney-film? Well, Wreck It Ralph is the movie that really made me want to play more games in general. The characters, even the minor ones, does leave a big impact.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Sleeping Beauty (1959)

Box Office: $51M DOM

14dvd600.jpg

Now, let's jump to the 3rd Disney Princess film, they have ever done. And...i can see why it holds up very well. The main characters are very engaging, but the one character that makes this film standout is the villain, Maleficent. She is easily among the top 5 best Disney villains ever. The character became so popular that she would get her own live action flick in 2014, called "Maleficent".

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Robin Hood (1973)

Box Office: $32M DOM

robinhood1.jpg

This is one of those Disney films, that i have watched over and over as a kid. And it definately hasn't left my memory. Despite the animation being a bit recycled here and there...it still makes up for the memorable characters & songs. Really charming flick for old & young.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Pinocchio. (1940)

Box Office: $84M DOM

9782014632873.jpg

And now, to arguably one of the more iconic Disney films, ever made. Really memorable songs & characters. Plus, the "When You Wish Upon A Star" song has became so popular, that it became Disney's opening theme. Kudos to you, Disney for bringing this to our hearts.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

The Fox and the Hound (1981)

Box Office: $63M DOM

fox_and_the_hound_14399910_162219093.jpg

Oh, this is an animated film that is considered to be one of the more underrated films from the Disney canon. And i don't get why.... I think this is pretty charming and emotional film that also know how to get sad & serious in some scenes. If you haven't seen it...go check it out. It definately has it's sad moments as well.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)

Box Office: $184M DOM & $416M WW.

snow-white-martial-arts-movie-disney.jpg

Let's go to the one that started it all..."Snow White". Arguably Disney's most timeless animated film. The Dwarfs themselves are funny..even Snow White, herself is engaging. The songs themselves are catchy. This would be the beginning of Disney film history.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

And now....into the top 10 favorite Disney films.

Ok...now this could be a weird and cheating rank....since i got 2 Disney movies at the same rank....but bear with me folks.

10. Lilo & Stitch (2002) & Brother Bear (2003)

(Lilo & Stitch) Box Office: $145M DOM & $273M WW

(Brother Bear) Box Office: $85M DOM & $250M WW

8YhG.jpg brother-bear-disney-2395986-640-360.jpg

Ok..Let's start with Stitch. I can really understand why he's really popular as a character...heck, he even spawned sequels & a tv-series. There's even a kids-anime about this little blue guy. I think the relationship between him & Lilo are very genuine. Lilo is character, who you really root for...and...her sister relationship with Nani..is even genuine as well. The side characters are very memorable.

And then there's Brother Bear. Another Disney film from the early 2000's. Again...a really great, emotional film. The characters are pretty good...also it's another Disney animated film that deals with sibling-relationship, which in Bear's case..is about brothers. The relationship between the main characters, Kenai & Koda are genuíne...they may start out not getting along with each other...but as the film progresses they start to understand each other more and more. Plus, the side characters like the mooses, Rutt & Tuke are just hilarious.

Rescuers Down Under (1990)

Box Office: $27M DOM

banner_53.jpg

Now, remember when i said about the first Rescuers receiving a theatrical sequel?...well, here it is. As much as i loved the first one...this sequel does a major step up. The animation looks more gorgeous & spectacular...since it's the first Disney film, using the CAPS-process. The film sadly wasn't as popular as the other films from the 90's due to it's box-office underperformance....and i don't get why.....It's a great movie. Thumbs up for it.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Again..yet another rank with 2 films.....but i can't help it...i love so many Disney films. :D :lol:  :P  

Bambi (1940) & Pocahontas (1995)

(Bambi) Box Office: $102M DOM & $267M WW

(Pocahontas) Box Office: $141M DOM & $346M WW

pocahontas.jpg Bambi-disney-7888169-500-289.jpg

Let's start with Bambi. What is there to say that hasn't been said? It's a really memorable and popular Disney film from the 40's. The songs are very charming & fun, the characters are very likeable. Also, it has one of the most saddest Disney moments.....where Bambi's mom dies. :( 

Still it's a very fun flick for all ages to come.

And then there's Pocahontas. Although that the story itself has been done before with movies (Dances with Wolves, Ferngully) and would be repeated again (Avatar)....it's still a gorgeous looking Disney classic. The songs by Alan Menken, are definately one of his best period....especially with songs like "Colors of the Wind" "If I Never Knew You" & "Savages". Even though the history is innaccurate in this film, that doesn't make it a bad movie. Really good and emotional.

Mulan (1998)

Box Office: $120M DOM & $304M WW

Mulan_Screenshot.jpg

Now we get to "Mulan". One of the Disney films from the 90's with songs...NOT being done by Alan Menken. Actually, this is one of the Disney films in my childhood that i have watched, over and over again. The characters are very well-written and pretty good. Even Mushu, (voiced by Eddie Murphy) is very funny as the sidekick for Mulan.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Aladdin (1992)

Box Office: $217M DOM & $504M WW

aladdin-1.jpg

And now, we bump to Aladdin...one of the more popular Disney films in the Disney canon. And i can say that i really adore the film as much as everybody else. The characters are very fun....even the Genie (voiced by the late Robin Williams) is a really great & likeable character, you would want to hang out with.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1