cannastop

Nintendo Wants to Make Animated Features

Just now, cannastop said:

Have you heard about the Pokemon movie?

And why wouldn't you want animated movies?

I hate Pokemon, so I don't care. and becuase Animated feels to close to the video games, not that they couldn't be good. I just have had an awesome Idea in my head for a live action Super Mario Bros film for a long time.

13 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Interesting. They could be a power player for sure, plus they certainly have the money to start up a top-tier film studio. The fan-base is enormous, plus can you imagine a Super Smash Bros movie?

I don't know why you think Nintendo has an unlimited amount of financial resources. Also, they will need a distributor to reach a wide audience.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't know why you think Nintendo has an unlimited amount of financial resources. Also, they will need a distributor to reach a wide audience.

They obviously don't have unlimited money, but if Marvel could create their own film studio, Nintendo certainly could do it. They have far more resources than Marvel did, although animation is admittedly a tougher game to get into. And of course they will have to have a distribution agreement with one of the major studios.

Edited by Jayhawk

5 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Interesting. They could be a power player for sure, plus they certainly have the money to start up a top-tier film studio. The fan-base is enormous, plus can you imagine a Super Smash Bros movie?

Nintendo's own fanbase isn't that bad, or at least not big enough to support their planned animated movies all on their own. Their sales have been dwindling for a while now, as evident by the Wii-U.

If Nintendo wants to gets into the business of animated features. They better be sure they have good people involved in their projects. Otherwise it might not end well.