Ezen Baklattan

The Angry Birds Movie (2016)

The Angry Birds Movie (2016)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you give The Angry Birds Movie?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Oof, this is pretty bad - a few solid chuckles and clever visual choices (primarily a few of the shots during the slingshot climax), but it can't escape its overall mediocrity and characters you don't care about (at best) or are bad enough to make you root for the pigs.

Strictly for kids.

• Like 1

The Angry Birds Movie most resembles the video game adaptations of the 90s, but not in film. It feels like a Saturday morning cartoon stretched to feature length, and unfortunately, this is not a cartoon worth binge-watching. Painfully unfunny with a lack of any real plot, the film is lucky to have a couple of chuckles every ten minutes. It also mistakes that a reference to something modern is humorous, as obnoxious puns litter the background and through the use of overplayed pop music. If not an overdone reference, it'll be a joke done more cleverly in another film. Jason Sudeikis and Peter Dinklage give decent vocal performances, but everyone else is in it for the paycheck in the worst sense. The Angry Birds Movie fits in the typical idea of quality associated with video game movies, but due to the target demographic, it feels somewhat worse thanks to the fact that someone must have thought this awful blunder was good enough for the youth of the world. D-

• Like 1

On 5/23/2016 at 3:56 AM, Spaghetti said:

Oof, this is pretty bad - a few solid chuckles and clever visual choices (primarily a few of the shots during the slingshot climax), but it can't escape its overall mediocrity and characters you don't care about (at best) or are bad enough to make you root for the pigs.

Strictly for kids.

Bingo.

I liked the animation but I was completely bored throughout the entire thing.

**¼/*****, (C-, 4.5/10, 1.75/4)

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Like 1

I actually liked the first 45 minutes or so - the snarky, weird tone of the adult jokes cracked me up. It's when actual gameplay elements got introduced that I got bored. Real pity, this was the one trailer I rewatched because it was bright, vibrant, and almost seemed like a true family film. C