Talkie

A Street Cat Named Bob | 11/04/16 | Roger Spottiswode directing. Luke Treadway, Bob the Street Cat star.

Based on the book of the same name, A Street Cat Named Bob is the true story of James Bowen, a busker in London who struggled with addiction and homelessness. As Bowen teeters on the brink of relapse, a stray orange tabby breaks into his flat and works his way into the man's life. After the cat determinedly adopts him, Bowen is motivated to stay clean and rebuild his life.

Luke Treadway stars as Bowen and Bob the Street Cat plays himself. Joanna Froggatt plays Val, Bowen's social worker, Ruta Gedmintas is his neighbor/friend and Anthony Head is Nigel Bowen, James' father. Roger Spottiswode directs. 

//www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/06/21/a-street-cat-named-bob-watch-luke-treadaway-in-the-first-trailer/

From street cat to silver screen

streetcatposter-large_trans++sAogmHevxtp

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bapi said:

I have Bob 'on the lot' because I didn't see US date...

I didn't see your post because I only searched the archives for this forum. Sorry! Maybe a mod can  promote your thread and merge this one with it. 

The trailer just popped up among my YouTube recommendations. (I watch a lot of cat videos...?) It looks like it'll be good. I'll probably read the book before I see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talkie said:

I didn't see your post because I only searched the archives for this forum. Sorry! Maybe a mod can  promote your thread and merge this one with it. 

The trailer just popped up among my YouTube recommendations. (I watch a lot of cat videos...?) It looks like it'll be good. I'll probably read the book before I see it. 

Those two main books are very, very good. It's a great feel-good dramedy so hopefully the movie's gonna be good too. :)

• Like 1

Looks like it's released by some Cleopatra Films company in North America. Guess they won't release it to more than 400-600 theaters. But hopefully OS could be solid - something like 25m would be really good for a movie with 8M production budget.

Surprised it's getting a US release at all.

19 minutes ago, bapi said:

Looks like it's released by some Cleopatra Films company in North America. Guess they won't release it to more than 400-600 theaters. But hopefully OS could be solid - something like 25m would be really good for a movie with 8M production budget.

25M is not happening. Maybe 5M or 10M if lucky.

Edited by Treecraft