cannastop

Zootopia 2 | November 26, 2025

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

You're right there, Brazilians prefer sequels usually for some reason.

And outside of Brazil, Spanish language Zootopia youtube videos are also extremely popular, for some reason. Word of mouth, perhaps.

Edited by cannastop

Speaking of differing opinions on the Hopps/Wilde relationship:

tumblr_obzim0XG3e1r7hecwo1_500.gif

tumblr_obzim0XG3e1r7hecwo2_500.gif

Source: http://goshdarncute.tumblr.com/post/149043212050/there-are-two-types-of-zootopia-viewers

P.S.: Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde basically are Ginnifer Goodwin and Jason Bateman, right? Pretty much look exactly like them, too.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 2

Seeing the Zootopia section at Disney Store online it seems that the Mouse House isn't so interested to promote this brand, there are few products (many of them already discounted) and only two regarding the lead character. Plus, despite the lead character is a "female", we can find it in "boy" section. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2016 at 4:46 AM, edroger3 said:

Seeing the Zootopia section at Disney Store online it seems that the Mouse House isn't so interested to promote this brand, there are few products (many of them already discounted) and only two regarding the lead character. Plus, despite the lead character is a "female", we can find it in "boy" section. 

Yeah, but they use Nick Wilde as the face for it.

Zootopia isn't selling a lot of toys, which probably doesn't please the consumer products division. I don't know if there's anything they could do to make little kids demand the playsets, though.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, but they use Nick Wilde as the face for it.

Zootopia isn't selling a lot of toys, which probably doesn't please the consumer products division. I don't know if there's anything they could do to make little kids demand the playsets, though.

Usually (I'm coming from many years working in toy market) what sells are the characters. The problem with Zootopia is that its characters, as singles, aren't so mind breaking (indeed, they are quite stereotyped: the rabbit is timid, the fox is crafty, the sloth is slow) but the "universe" around them is so well done that makes them fit into the movie, while Frozen, for example, is the opposite: it has an "universe" hundred times more simply and stereotyped than Zootopia, in which we find at least three characters that work well also in a empty screen (in my opinion one of them is, at least in term of merchandise potential, the best female fictional character ever made). 

1 minute ago, edroger3 said:

Usually (I'm coming from many years working in toy market) what sells are the characters. The problem with Zootopia is that its characters, as singles, aren't so mind breaking (indeed, they are quite stereotyped: the rabbit is timid, the fox is crafty, the sloth is slow) but the "universe" around them is so well done that makes them fit into the movie, while Frozen, for example, is the opposite: it has an "universe" hundred times more simply and stereotyped than Zootopia, in which we find at least three characters that work well also in a empty screen (in my opinion one of them is, at least in term of merchandise potential, the best female fictional character ever made). 

the rabbit is timid

Y4QF8IPansWvhlbg13-Q_KQ6L-J_IWWTYXGtORKk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cookie said:

After finally seeing Zootopia today, I'll be stanning hard for the sequel. There's so much of the world left undiscovered.

Wait, wtf?

I'm always surprised to hear that people haven't already seen this movie.

BTW, what do you think would have happened if it had Doctor Strange's or Trolls' release date?

• Like 2

Now that Trump's, elected, I wonder if they will fast-track the sequel. Really, it could happen.

They might start writing it in March 2017 and have a final draft in November 2018. They could start animation then and have the whole movie finished in October 2019, in time for Thanksgiving 2019.

Disney's playing up the political aspects of Zootopia for its Oscar campaign. They might want the sequel to stay relevant.

Edited by cannastop

54 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Now that Trump's, elected, I wonder if they will fast-track the sequel. Really, it could happen.

They might start writing it in March 2017 and have a final draft in November 2018. They could start animation then and have the whole movie finished in October 2019, in time for Thanksgiving 2017.

Disney's playing up the political aspects of Zootopia for its Oscar campaign. They might want the sequel to stay relevant.

:jeb!: 

• Like 1

Sounds like Byron Howard is working on a movie with Lin-Manuel Miranda.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/lin-manuel-miranda-making-a-secret-disney-film.html

So Rich Moore and Byron Howard might be busy with new projects. It remains to be seen if Byron Howard will actually direct this speculative project, though.

I'm not against a sequel directed by neither Rich Moore or Byron Howard, though. Maybe Josie Trinidad could get a directing job.