baumer

The House (2017)

Grade it  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The idea looked promising in the trailer. But with the film we get, the trailer was pretty much the movie. The final product we get isn't very good, and three talents here are wasted. As most of the jokes are mostly not there or some silly stuff but nothing hilariously funny,  with Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler as the leads I expected better.

Also if anyone wants to see the Jeremy Renee villain scene he's only in it for like one scene and that's it.

The House is a film that is one of my least favorite films of 2017, but isn't the worst film I've seen ever. But the film still was a big letdown.

Grade: D

Not funny.  Script was kind of silly, but not in a good way.  I know this is a comedy so perhaps you are supposed to leave your brain at the door, but when the cop and the city counsellor come into the house unannounced, they would not have been able to take anything or arrest anyone without a warrant.  Small things like this bugged me and when stuff like this bugs you, then you know you aren't into the film.  Renner's cameo was cool.

5/10