John Marston

has the actor who played Jar Jar ever commented on playing such a hated character?

Actually I just read a big interview with the guy who played him, Ahmed Best, in a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly. Basically he said he was shocked when all the negative feedback came in, since everyone told him while they were filming he was gonna be the breakout from the movie and it would make him a huge star. :lol: :lol: :lol:I guess he couldn't get roles after that and basically feels like he never got his dues for helping pioneer motion cap acting. He came off a bit full of himself to me though, trying to compare himself with Andy Serkis and whatnot. :rolleyes: I mean the guy seriously needs to watch himself again in TPM if he thinks he was anywhere near the level of any of Andy Serkis' mo caps.

Actually I just read a big interview with the guy who played him, Ahmed Best, in a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly. Basically he said he was shocked when all the negative feedback came in, since everyone told him while they were filming he was gonna be the breakout from the movie and it would make him a huge star. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I guess he couldn't get roles after that and basically feels like he never got his dues for helping pioneer motion cap acting. He came off a bit full of himself to me though, trying to compare himself with Andy Serkis and whatnot. Posted Image I mean the guy seriously needs to watch himself again in TPM if he thinks he was anywhere near the level of any of Andy Serkis' mo caps.

Jar Jar and Gollum is comparing apples and oranges when it comes to their performances. Also, he's justified, I think, in saying he helped pioneer mo-cap. His performance may not have been Oscar worthy but he could have still moved the industry forward. IMO