Xillix

Xillix' (Harshly) Critical Reviews, Y2

7 minutes ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

Jw (and so I can work on improving) what parts of CD were confusing?

Well one that immediately comes to mind is - how did they "support" human trafficking by leaking the story about his rival? At that point I'm not sure what they're so guilty about. Overall though it wasn't so much the plot itself that made it hard to follow but some issues with the flow of the writing itself (hence my comment about editing). It felt to me like it jumped around too much. There were a lot of moments I found myself going "wait, what?" and having to scan back a few paragraphs to make sense of what I'd read, but I couldn't tell you exact points without re-reading the whole thing again.

• Thanks 1

That was a VERY darkly comic bit - if his rival wasn’t engaged in human trafficking, they wouldn’t have been able to find a chance to boost his chances. Should have been more clear on that.

I do admit the film could have used a bit more flow, though - I probably could have boosted the word count even more! Setting a film over 6 months will definitely make it a bit more tricky, I admit.

Sitting Ducks

"It has a good message about finding friends in unexpected places, and there are a few laughs, but it's too generic and breathless for anyone but little tykes to really appreciate."

BOT_Tag_-_2_half_stars.png

Treasure Planet

"It's a visual feast and a fun enough adventure, but I must confess I don't much see the point in remaking the animated flop and bumping up its rating. Except, of course, the pursuit of more money, and in the end, that's what the film's about anyway, right?"

BOT_Tag_-_3_stars.png

The Island

"In an unfortunate parallel to the contents of its plot, The Island is something like a fever dream - memorable, visually striking, and with flashes of pure inspiration, but partially incoherent and tragically unrefined. There's a good story in here badly hobbled by mishandled execution."

My Life to Waste

"A dour melodrama full of twists and turns that ultimately feels less genuine than manipulative. The constant parade of tragedy, in some cases (surprise cancer, anybody?), borders on self-parody. The direction is good enough to keep it from becoming a total failure, but the script is a far cry from the helmer's usual standards."

The Parvelli Reunion

"A few structural and script issues aside, Parvelli is an excellent black comedy and a perfectly-timed Thanksgiving release. It's the kind of movie that'll make you laugh, then hope no one else in the theater heard you."

BOT_Tag_-_4_half_stars.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Treasure Planet

"It's a visual feast and a fun enough adventure, but I must confess I don't much see the point in remaking the animated flop and bumping up its rating. Except, of course, the pursuit of more money, and in the end, that's what the film's about anyway, right?"

BOT_Tag_-_3_stars.png

Huh. Thought it’d be more torn apart.

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Dude I liked the first one why are you so worried?

I know. Besides the sequel is pretty good too. Worse case scenario for Lotor is $275M/$800M. Has a good shot at $1B WW.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Just now, cookie said:

Because I have no idea how you'll react to some parts of the movie :kitschjob:

Yes, they are some parts that don’t work but what sequel does not have that. However if you liked the first, you’ll like the second. Hell I liked 1 but wasn’t to hot on it and liked 2 way more than 1.