Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti Kitchen - Year 2

JANUARY

Almost Human - :kitschjob:

That moment when you set up a sequel that no one will care to watch - not the worst first week of January film, though.

Bloody Mary -:wintf:

This, on the other hand, was straight up insanity - and not in a good way. It throws so much nonsensical, ludicrous nonsense at you and still expects us to care. Then in one terrible scene, we hear rape being discussed on the same level of sin as....using drugs. A bafflingly awful waste of talented actors.

Two Lonely Zookeepers - :wintf:

This is to romantic dramedies as THE ROOM is to deep, intense theatrical dramas. So many pointless scenes, incoherent plot points, January can't get worse than this?

Timmy's Winter Vacation 2 - :wintf:

This is the sequel to a cute kids movie from last year, why is it getting so reviled? *30 minutes in* okay...time travel?! A bit weird, but it could be fun. *later at the council scene* Okay, now I'm seeing why. *later* Oh. *later* Ohhh. *at the end* Wait @cookie did you make this just to mock the final act of seeing her?!

January Gem - :bourne:

I'd rather watch an actually good movie in January....pretty sure Hunchback is still playing. This was just an aimless, meandering, dull mess.

Sasquatch -:bourne:

It's....better than TWV2?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FEBRUARY

Night Light - :kitschjob:

The film stars off quite strong, building up a very interesting atmosphere and premise, but the ending gets a bit too silly and over the top for my taste.

The Human Revolution - :sparta:

Numerator Pictures delivers the first truly great film of the year - it's exciting in a thematic and technical manner, while the ensemble of multi-dimensional, fascinating characters makes this really fun to watch. The big twist does recall Kingsman a bit, but it's definitely a fun, cerebral ride the whole way through.

Truth Is - :bourne:

As wild and crazy as the first was, this doesn't have the same wild, campy edge that made the first still memorable, if messy. It's fun to see Margot Robbie be a camp villain, but watching Hunter and Tyler's relationship unfold just didn't have the same intrigue and shock it did before. It felt weirdly normal and calm here. Sorry, Hiccup.

Bionicle: The Trials of the Toa - :bourne:

Impressive visuals can't save a film that invests so little into its script and the talents of its ultra cast that you find it next to impossible to care about what happens on the screen.

The Twenty-One Ballons - :jeb!:

While it's better than Bionicle in building an interesting world, the film suffers from a lack of conflict and a kind of aimless second act - not the worst film to take your family to, however.

Danger Calling - :bourne:

More like Bargain Bin Calling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

FEBRUARY

The Human Revolution - :sparta:

Numerator Pictures delivers the first truly great film of the year - it's exciting in a thematic and technical manner, while the ensemble of multi-dimensional, fascinating characters makes this really fun to watch. The big twist does recall Kingsman a bit, but it's definitely a fun, cerebral ride the whole way through.

Yeah I got to the third act and I realized "wait, Kingsman 1 used the exact same plot gimmick as the game with a control signal making people into homicidal maniacs" and there was not enough time to gameplan an alternative. So I just decided to minimize the use of it and make it more about the need to take out the apparatus allowing such control to be used in the future.

The game had a 4-year(ish) head start on Kingsman 1 though! :sparta:

Edited by 4815162342
  • Thanks 1