Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO SHURI

Mainly it’s the teen audience I’m concerned about and it is darker than Voltron or Spark with less families.

Then again it could increase as well. I can see either or.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Mainly it’s the teen audience I’m concerned about and it is darker than Voltron or Spark with less families.

I hope so. That Voltron/Duckverse profit stash can't finance the furthering adventures of CGI Shuri forever...

orig

Edited by cookie

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

That series finale factor will help it though I do wonder if the acclaimed R rating will hurt.

Coming off of the previous installment which was a Oscar winner/Best Picture nominee doesn’t hurt either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Also guessing way early predicts for top ten Y4:

1.) Voltron: Reunion $205M/$650M

2.) The Odyssey: Homecoming $210M/$550M

3.) Mass Effect $130M/$400M

4.) Warlord Of Mars $100M/$335M

5.) Pokémon: Rise of the Rockets $170M (4 Day)/$330M

6.) Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas $120M/$315M

7.) One Punch Man $90M/$300M

8.) TaleSpin $85M/$270M

9.) Dragon Ball: The Red Ribbon Saga $100M/$250M

10.) Aera Rising: $80M/$245M

One Piece, Gargoyles, Brother Bear, Pillars, The Matinee, Fortnight, and ReBoot 2.0 will be around the $200M-$240M range. Possible breakouts for $200M+ include Metroid, Solitary, Thundercats, Can You Imagine, De Witt project, and True Love. $150M-$199M: Blue and Gold, Barry Brookshire, Second Dimension, KND, Biker Mice, Rock N Roll, Freddy 2, Extreme Dinosaurs 2, A Wish for Wings, American Dragon 2, Crysis, For The Love Of This Town and maybe a few more should get there.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing gross-wise. Similar to Scavenger Wars #s. Wouldn’t be totally shocked if it went higher.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It’s the sequel to a film that nearly tied with Odyssey 2 for the most Oscar wins at last year’s ceremony. I can definitely see an increase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

It’s the sequel to a film that nearly tied with Odyssey 2 for the most Oscar wins at last year’s ceremony. I can definitely see an increase.

And was the BP runner-up :sparta:

Y5 I can see a lot of films over $300M+:

Spark: Euphoria 

Voltron 4

Project Sun God

Atlantis

Pokemon 3 

Scavenger Wars II 

Skylanders 

Kingdom Of The Sun

Land Before Time

Episilion

Two Lonely Bounty Hamsters 

and the list will continue

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing gross-wise. Similar to Scavenger Wars #s. Wouldn’t be totally shocked if it went higher.

Kind of want to move Blue and Gold away from it and Mars but I got nowhere to go so I’ll stay.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Voltron 4

Project Sun God

Atlantis

Pokemon 3 

Scavenger Wars II 

Skylanders 

Kingdom Of The Sun

Land Before Time

Episilion

Yeah my Y5 slate is rather weak. 

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Kind of want to move Blue and Gold away from it and Mars but I got nowhere to go so I’ll stay.

I’m keeping it right where it is too. I think the late summer works perfect for OPM from a box office perspective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I’m keeping it right where it is too. I think the late summer works perfect for OPM from a box office perspective.

Same for Blue and Gold. However I wonder how a sequel would work.

13 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Also true (guessing @Reddroast liked TSW a lot more than Odyssey 2, which I’m totally fine with me).

Spoiler

One guy who had SW lower than Odyssey in his top 25 ranked SW higher on his BP ballot and admitted to me that if he had made his list by the time he sent in the ballots, SW would've been his #1.

Before reddroast had voted, they were actually tied.

33 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

The only real reason why I didn’t go higher is because how much action/male 25+ movies are in July-August. We start with Crysis, then Aera, then Mars and after OPM it’s Town and then BAG.

12 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Voltron 4

Project Sun God

Atlantis

Pokemon 3 

Scavenger Wars II 

Skylanders 

Kingdom Of The Sun

Land Before Time

Episilion

My focus in Y5 will pretty much be my big three. Can't guarantee Atlantis will make it but it's on the docket.

• Like 1

TBH I feel like space opera fatigue should be setting in pretty soon. Especially with the ludicrous over-performance of Rise of Lotor followed within months by Spark 2 and The Scavenger Wars. Though I was joking about it not being major enough to warrant two weeks of IMAX, I really do think that Reunion is liable to drop well below $500 million unless it's some kind of transcendent masterpiece. I won't give out a specific number or anything so early and before I've read anything, but tbh the high-end to me for domestic gross is probably mid-$400 millions.

23 minutes ago, Xillix said:

TBH I feel like space opera fatigue should be setting in pretty soon. Especially with the ludicrous over-performance of Rise of Lotor followed within months by Spark 2 and The Scavenger Wars. Though I was joking about it not being major enough to warrant two weeks of IMAX, I really do think that Reunion is liable to drop well below $500 million unless it's some kind of transcendent masterpiece. I won't give out a specific number or anything so early and before I've read anything, but tbh the high-end to me for domestic gross is probably mid-$400 millions.

Perhaps however unless we have a really bad one, a fatigue won’t happen but maybe diminishing returns but the space opera films at least her in CAYOM like with CBMs nowadays has each studio going a different direction.

Spark feels more like a superhero movie.

Voltron is a straight up space opera.

Scavenger Wars is going into a darker direction than other of that genre.

Treasure Planet, I’m aiming for a GOTG/Pirates type feel

Ethan’s Space Opera is a Musical.

So as long as they do things to differentiate themselves a real fatigue won’t happen.

Even just within the franchise though - mid $400 millions for Voltron 3 would be a considerably better film-to-film hold than, say, any of the second Star Wars trilogy installments. I know it's the third, but it's the second in this wedge of the calendar and the second since the franchise went into the stratosphere.

40 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Even just within the franchise though - mid $400 millions for Voltron 3 would be a considerably better film-to-film hold than, say, any of the second Star Wars trilogy installments. I know it's the third, but it's the second in this wedge of the calendar and the second since the franchise went into the stratosphere.

That’d be an Age of Ultron like drop from the 2nd to the 3rd film.