Friends with Kids

3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Friends with Kids

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Friends with Kids is pretty much perfect. It has a terrific script and the actors are brilliant. It's a film aimed for adults for sure but it is quite funny no matter what age you are. The cast from Bridesmaids was fun to see as they were matched up here with different partners than the other film. Meagan Fox is even good and she is simply stunning. One of my favourite things about the film is that it ended beautifully. Yes you can probably guess that they end up together, but its not exactly the romantic sappy ending you'd think. Definitely will make my top ten this year.9.5/10

"Friends with Kids" mini-review. No spoilers. Sorta.

I really do like this movie. The cast is fantastic, pieced together with a bunch of my favorites. It feels real. It shows different relationships with ease. The premise is so good. And it works so well the way the different couples interact. It's definitely a way above average romantic comedy at first. The first like 80% of the film is top notch. The relationship of friends raising their own kid, splitting time with their own romantic ventures, is explored fantastically and is fun to watch.

Once the main couple (Scott and Westfeldt), realizes at different times that they are, in fact, more than friends, the movie started to devolve or at least coast from there. You can more or less know what's coming, given the romantic comedy premise. And it's weird, the director basically chooses to delay the inevitible and add more obstacles and it feels really weird. It felt like they didn't want to force the ending, but they come up with something that was a bit worse.

I don't know. Except for the way the ending is put together, there's a lot to admire about this film. It's something unique. The cast is great, like I said. It's something to give a watch.

"Like it." or 6.5/10

In a better mindset, and upon further review I'll bump it up a level: "Love it." or 7.5/10

After the Credits! - Nothing during or after!

Edited by hogwash13777

"Friends with Kids" mini-review. No spoilers. Sorta.

I really do like this movie. The cast is fantastic, pieced together with a bunch of my favorites. It feels real. It shows different relationships with ease. The premise is so good. And it works so well the way the different couples interact. It's definitely a way above average romantic comedy at first. The first like 80% of the film is top notch. The relationship of friends raising their own kid, splitting time with their own romantic ventures, is explored fantastically and is fun to watch.

Once the main couple (Scott and Westfeldt), realizes at different times that they are, in fact, more than friends, the movie started to devolve or at least coast from there. You can more or less know what's coming, given the romantic comedy premise. And it's weird, the director basically chooses to delay the inevitible and add more obstacles and it feels really weird. It felt like they didn't want to force the ending, but they come up with something that was a bit worse.

I don't know. Except for the way the ending is put together, there's a lot to admire about this film. It's something unique. The cast is great, like I said. It's something to give a watch.

"Like it." or 6.5/10

After the Credits! - Nothing during or after!

Your grade makes no sense. 6.5 in my eyes is for a film you thought was okay. You speak pretty much glowingly about the film.

Your grade makes no sense. 6.5 in my eyes is for a film you thought was okay. You speak pretty much glowingly about the film.

I think it's a connection thing for me. It sounds sappy, but I never truly felt connected to the relationship. Cheering or wanting them together. And then the way it ended with the forced child dialogue wanting the parents together, it took me out of it. And, you took it for realism (which I don't fault, in a way, it was, with mis-timed attempts at a true relationship, it took years to get together), but it felt purposely drawn out to show how messed up their child raising idea was. At least in my opinion.Your grading point is valid, though! I posted a bunch of reviews together, so maybe I was bit harsh on the scale here. I think a bump up would be a little nicer now that I got to re-read myself. Edited by hogwash13777

This was awful, but at least my fiancee and I were able to get some enjoyment out of ridiculing the ridiculousness of the story and its premise.

Nothing feels real, the script is simply awful and feels like it was written during a "Hollywood Writing for Dumbasses" workshop, it's boring, and the characters are generally unlikable.

What we have here is comparable to the pseudo-intellectual of romantic comedies.  It not only tries to be different and unique, but even worse, it actually thinks it's edgy.  I'd never thought I would say this, but it's almost what you would call a  pretentious romantic comedy.  The romantic comedy genre isn't generally known for quality, but at least the majority of films know what they are, and don't try to be something they aren't.  This film thinks and tries to be something different and fails miserably, but I'll be damned if we didn't have fun mocking it regardless.

D+

Edited by mattmav45