cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

As someone with a sci-fi tentpole in the Easter weekend I object to Treasure Planet being put at the start of May :sarah:

In defense of Planet 2, either way an Endless tentpole opens on May 1st and I highly doubt legs would be effected (other than maybe a bit harder third weekend drop) but suspecting Mass Effect will get way better reviews than GOM.

27 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Conundrum of the day: Considering a massive release date swap. Although both St. Claire and Gauntlet of Midas are finished I was thinking of switching places as Planet 2 escapes the sci-fi/Action stuffing of November and I can work on St. Claire cause I’m not the most confident in it but that leaves me with two problems.

Problem 1: Remakes would be too close to another

Kingdom of The Sun comes out March 27th, Y4, and I want it to do big and am confident in it but I don’t like 2 remakes so close to one another (even though KOTS is a PG rated family skewing/female skewing musical and Planet 2 is a sci-fi PG-13 tentpole to a sequel). Also Brave comes out June 5th so I wonder if it’s too much for audiences

Problem 2: Family problem

St. Claire is going to be a light PG-13, and I think could draw families. With that and Wings in November and Roger Rabbit and Thymes in December, I don’t want to hurt Can You Imagine? as again huge hopes for it.

What I have been thinking about is having the schedule like this:

March 27th: Can You Imagine? (No family films since Pokémon 2 and no family competition until Our City 2)

May 1st: Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas 

November 6th: St. Claire and The Bermuda Affair

November 25th: Kingdom of The Sun

But again two massive live action tentpoles so close to each other is something I don’t like, also afraid about KOTS legs. Not to mention CYI might be hurt by Got Milk?, Baseball Boy and Pokemon 2 (BAG to a lesser extent as well) So I may just leave everything as is.

Thoughts?

So the holidays will be Lance & Pidge vs themselves :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I put my films the way they are cause everyone was stacking their big sci-fi explosions into the second half of the year, particularly the holidays.

Now you going to do this to me.

Could you see yourself swapping Mass Effect and Pillars of Eternity to give ME back its sci-fi breathing room?

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

So the holidays will be Lance & Pidge vs themselves :ph34r:

Again I’m really unsure about everything. 

Even though Planet 2 would be the biggest benefactor and maybe Can You Imagine as well. KOTS faces another big remake/sequel in Roger Rabbit which opens on the 11th which I just remembered along with Wings and Thymes that although it feel it’d fare better than CYI, it’s still tough competition. Bermuda also might be hurt as well as it won’t have summer weekdays.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Actually I could move St. Claire in September and drop Johnny Test on January 17th and move Hoops up a week and Got Milk would open sometime in the second half of the year. Cause Johnny is bombing anywhere and move Kingdom of The Sun to November 6th, leaving the 25th open for anyone who wants family fare which might benefit Wings or Thymes. But again would faces Guys and Dolls, another musical, the week after and before. I also don’t want to hurt @4815162342‘s Mass Effect or @Hiccup23‘s Wish For Wings.

4 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Could you see yourself swapping Mass Effect and Pillars of Eternity to give ME back its sci-fi breathing room?

I don't think so because I like the March spot for Pillars, especially since May has a few different "fantasy" offerings already with Earthsong, American Dragon, etc.

12 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I don't think so because I like the March spot for Pillars, especially since May has a few different "fantasy" offerings already with Earthsong, American Dragon, etc.

I could give you the November 6th spot but again Crysis and Lucid would hurt.

I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do tbh I may just leave everything as is and hope everything works out. The main reason why I was thinking of a switch of this caliber was to help St. Claire which I’m not the most confident in. I’m afraid my first big original film will be another Howling Commandos/Bionicle.

19 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Actually I could move St. Claire in September and drop Johnny Test on January 17th and move Hoops up a week and Got Milk would open sometime in the second half of the year. Cause Johnny is bombing anywhere and move Kingdom of The Sun to November 6th, leaving the 25th open for anyone who wants family fare which might benefit Wings or Thymes. But again would faces Guys and Dolls, another musical, the week after and before. I also don’t want to hurt @4815162342‘s Mass Effect or @Hiccup23‘s Wish For Wings.

If Thanksgiving becomes open, I'd like to dib it for Roger Rabbit. That was always its intended release date internally but I didn't want to screw over Can You Imagine?. I'd move Lucid to Christmas and put Thymes on 12/11 if that happened

Just now, Blankments said:

If Thanksgiving becomes open, I'd like to dib it for Roger Rabbit. That was always its intended release date internally but I didn't want to screw over Can You Imagine?. I'd move Lucid to Christmas and put Thymes on 12/11 if that happened

I would open Kingdom of The Sun on November 6th though.

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I'd move Lucid to Christmas

That would be bold

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

And? The Grinch is opening on the first week of Nov with Ralph 2 opening on Thanksgiving? That's a very traditional thing of two family movies in Nov

This is true

Edited by 4815162342

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I would open Kingdom of The Sun on November 6th though.

I'd say unless Kingdom of the Sun is bluntly a kids move, I wouldn't move it to the 6th though. I think you'd be causing an audience split with Guys and Dolls that would be to the detriment of both films, but KotS would be hurt more

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

I'd say unless Kingdom of the Sun is bluntly a kids move, I wouldn't move it to the 6th though. I think you'd be causing an audience split with Guys and Dolls that would be to the detriment of both films, but KotS would be hurt more

I mean if Christmas is free I would move it there but I don’t want to hurt Thymes.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I mean if Christmas is free I would move it there but I don’t want to hurt Thymes.

If we're really gonna negotiate this lol:

I'll move Roger to Thanksgiving

You can have Christmas

Thymes to Dec 11

Lucid to Nov 6 (NEVER MIND; I WON'T MOVE LUCID TO NOV 6, BUT I'LL FIND A DATE FOR IT)

Edited by Blankments