baumer

First Reformed (2018)

Grade it  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

47 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Obviously I completely understood that ending, but what did you guys think of it?

I thought it was both quiet and disturbing as fuck.  It's the kind of ending that definitely sticks with you and grows as time passes.

Edited by That One Guy

First Reformed, another church in a city representing God, that people can attend for free.  In this movie, the Reverend counsels the aftermath of the clueless, the unstable, and the lonely who need answers.  They are just dragging anchors as they walk around.  I loved the pregnant girl in the movie, I thought her performance was an honest look at autism.  👽  The unexpected turns made the movie artsy and cerebral.  The environment with the interactions was hospitable enough for me to give this a B, but First Reformed was not fun enough for me to raise the grade despite all of the realism of culture put on camera.

84/100

Edited by Clubs Are Trash