Reddroast

Reddroast's Reviews & Blues

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

And for mass effect i realized the twist did not sit well with me.

You might have to explain that further.

Especially since I felt the film laid enough breadcrumbs so that the audience would catch on to JG well before the plot showed the cards.

6 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

That is another film my opinion had soured on

No, no, no. No. No. 

@4815162342 and I deserve actual re-reviews of By the Balls and Mass Effect. You can't just expect us to be like "Oh, okay" when we want to actively improve our writing and understand what appeals to certain viewers. Especially since, for me personally, literally every one else I've talked to who has liked BtB has said it's grown on them since reading it. I'd like to know what made it grow off on you since that is against the grain and I'm curious so I can avoid films that do so in the future.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

You might have to explain that further.

Especially since I felt the film laid enough breadcrumbs so that the audience would catch on to JG well before the plot showed the cards.

I feel like Shepard would have caught on much quicker to Barnes plans imo

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

I feel like Shepard would have caught on much quicker to Barnes plans imo

I 100% disagree. The film clearly and consistently shows that she sees him as family and almost idolizes him as a mentor, friend, etc. If anyone would not see Banes' turning bad, it would be her, because she thinks the best of him until he drops the mask. The whole point of it is that she has a blind spot towards him after spending so long in his shadow, being taught and led by him. 

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

No, no, no. No. No. 

@4815162342 and I deserve actual re-reviews of By the Balls and Mass Effect. You can't just expect us to be like "Oh, okay" when we want to actively improve our writing and understand what appeals to certain viewers. Especially since, for me personally, literally every one else I've talked to who has liked BtB has said it's grown on them since reading it. I'd like to know what made it grow off on you since that is against the grain and I'm curious so I can avoid films that do so in the future.

I feel that is only fair that i do redo reviews for ME AND BtB