sfran43

Tuesday Numbers 1/29

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

damn this has been a really strong run overall. 80M+ is guaranteed, likely 90M. Hopefully it encourages people to watch the 2011 French film as well

If it keeps this pace up, it'll clear $100M.  It's outpacing The Bucket List by $5.5M (more if you exclude the $1.4M from limited release) and has shown better holds.  Pretty crazy for STX.

Only question is if it can keep holding well once this barren part of the schedule is over after this weekend.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Spectre said:

If it keeps this pace up, it'll clear $100M.  It's outpacing The Bucket List by $5.5M (more if you exclude the $1.4M from limited release) and has shown better holds.  Pretty crazy for STX.

Only question is if it can keep holding well once this barren part of the schedule is over after this weekend.

I doubt it. I think theatre losses will hurt it starting on the 8th. I'm not confident it will reach 100M, but however well it holds over the Superbowl will determine how close it gets. 

• Like 1

Off topic but I was looking for a quick answer.

When they say a movie, for example Aquaman, has made $5 million overseas across the weekend.

Is that specifically what it made Friday to Sunday overseas everywhere or is it taking into account Japan's Saturday and Sunday, UK's Friday to Sunday, Australia's Thursday to Sunday etc?

1 hour ago, scabab said:

Off topic but I was looking for a quick answer.

When they say a movie, for example Aquaman, has made $5 million overseas across the weekend.

Is that specifically what it made Friday to Sunday overseas everywhere or is it taking into account Japan's Saturday and Sunday, UK's Friday to Sunday, Australia's Thursday to Sunday etc?

I remember it's like what in the bold letters.

Edited by KATCH-2D2