YM!

YourMother’s Don’t Go Spring Breaking My Heart Y5 Reviews

35 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Bambi: A Life In The Woods

Hide contents

Well, this isn’t my Bambi.

Hide contents

That said, it’s a great Bambi. One of the things I love about CAYOM is you can make an adaptation of anything you want and depending on circumstances, “limitations” like an R Rating, traditional animation or PG-13 animation doesn’t matter. There’s a lot of loved about Bambi is the visuals (which I’m assuming are like The Jungle Book) are stunning, the characters especially Bambi and The Stag really shine, and the plot and writing are executed excellently. I’m not saying the original Disney Bambi isn’t deep but this one really is deeper than the adaptation. I liked how Him had a religious subtext behind him as I also dug the fact there were antognistic forces but not a main villain and that makes it feel much more like nature. My only problem is the first act kind of stumbles but I digress.

Hide contents

Dong?

Hide contents

No, sadly but it’s an A

:ohmygod::sparta:

Glad you liked it.

• Like 1

You know what, I’m doing me a two for one tonight

One Punch Man

The Scavenger Wars II 

I have read the first last Friday and just am looking at the end credit scene and when @cookie finished those edits I’ll drive on in.

So @Rorschach and @cookie

@Blankments and EKG Scooby-Doo will be tomorrow along with February.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I have read the first last Friday and just am looking at the end credit scene

I actually added something towards the end of the film as well if you wanna check that out as well.

In regards to how Dr. Genus gets his comeuppance

• Like 2

One Punch Man

Spoiler

This is a great anime adaptation, to state the obvious. Despite some changes to “American-ize” it, there’s much respect for the source material. The highlights of the film are two main things: the action scenes are on about the same levels as The Odyssey and the bond between Sam (Taron Egerton) and Genos (Charlie Heaton) is excellent and helps the audience crave more of them. The humor is also pretty solid but not much laugh out loud moments as the CAYOM youth space stoners scene. The cast was also a strong point as everyone really nailed their roles no matter the size with some standouts being Kendrick as Tornado of Terror, Leto as Genus, Styles as Sweet Mask and Wilson as the delightfully evil Boros. However the problem for the film lies within the pacing as it needs more moments to breathe as well as the gravitas of the world acting as both a strength and weakness. All an all, it’s a damn fun time at the theaters and a good movie.

B+

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Scavenger Wars Part II

Spoiler

That was intense to say the least. You see sequels on CAYOM have had a two way path, you either are solid but pale to the sequel (Homeward, Gauntlet of Midas) or exceed the sequel (Lotor, Council Of The Dead). TSW2 takes neither but is just as great as the original despite the original edging it out in some points. The action while not as big and epic as the first is much more personalized due to the story as well as being chilling. The writing like most of @cookie‘s work is top notch. Much like Homecoming, the R rating actually provided and expanded on universe depths.

As for the characters both Lucina and Tamara are stand outs, particularly the former as to be frank, I liked Lucina in the first but in her, she’s much more well rounded as a character and develops greatly. Tamara, being one of the standouts in the original also nails it in here. At first, I wasn’t really wowed by Sunn but she grew on me during reading it as a favorite. Ares is also great. Luna, I liked but she doesn’t get much to chew on also the Tamuna ship doesn’t have the same oomph as Tamoel. Tarek does well for what he’s give back and he doesn’t wow either and is rather one dimensional Packer expy for the Scavengers. Sal, although will likely get more in the sequels was one of the weaker links.

That said, The Scavenger Wars is probably the best space opera franchise in the game and although I thought the first was a wee bit better in some areas, I had a hard time choosing favorites.

Spoiler

A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Hide contents

Tarek does well for what he’s give back and he doesn’t wow either

🤔

Spoiler

Come to think of it....both are smarmy, politically oriented asshats that turn out to be pathetic underlings to more sinister forces.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

🤔

Hide contents

Come to think of it....both are smarmy, politically oriented asshats that turn out to be pathetic underlings to more sinister forces.

Spoiler

You have no clue how many things in this movie made me go "there's going to be Spark 3 comparisons, won't there be?"

Edited by cookie

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Care to spill which the "oh damn" moments were?

And if "on par with the original" is going to be the common consensus then I am pleased with myself at least.

Spoiler

Sal trying to make a move on Tamara and her stalking behavior

The third act finale including Tarek’s gang goes all Odyssey Homecoming 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

You have no clue how many things in this movie made me go "there's going to be Spark 3 comparisons, won't there be?"

Spoiler

That's really the only thing that comes to mind.

The climax of Spark 3 was an episode of PAW Patrol compared to...this.