YM!

YourMother’s Don’t Go Spring Breaking My Heart Y5 Reviews

The Last Six 

Spoiler

Yeah, I thought it was fun. The visuals were excellent and really wows in IMAX, the action is excellent and the story may be predictable but it gets the job done but the film struggles on the characters front as in, none were really that memorable to me outside of Ares and Diynossius. Loki wasn’t too memorable especially when during the second/third act, he’s/she’s supposed to be the emotional core. It’s a good time but that’s pretty much it.

B-

• Like 1

Rest of March:

Out of my Mind: C+

A solid family drama though unlike Wonder, it doesn’t create the same feel good vibe at Wonder, in facts although it offers a bit more realism, there’s some things that just rubbed me wrong.

Crusader: B+

A pretty good Liam Nesson period piece. Nothing else much to say.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The first three are obvious but can anyone guess the fourth?

Is the fourth one might be a joke about how a certain word is stated many times throughout a certain story; am I correct in assuming this?

• Like 1

Fantasia: The Third Dimension

Spoiler

Full of lovely animation, thralling music and entertaining shorts such as Danse Macabre or William Tell Overture, F 3-D is more than worthy of the Fantasia name.

A 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Fantasia: The Third Dimension

Hide contents

Full of lovely animation, thralling music and entertaining shorts such as Danse Macabre or William Tell Overture, F 3-D is more than worthy of the Fantasia name.

A 

What would your personal rank of the shorts be?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@Slambros how much did Yin change from the pre read?

To be honest, besides a few typos here and there, I couldn't find the time I wanted  to make major edits to it. I had it in the back of my mind to make the changes I said I would, but I guess I never got around to this. I'm sorry about this!

• Like 2

Yin

Spoiler

I don’t know what you changed about this @Slambros but it works much better than the preread I sent you. Sure I still found the metaphor on the nose and the ending twist still annoys me but the acting is so great especially between Martin and his daughter, Barbara, as well as the story and plot as well as how wonderfully lucid it is. Daniel Henney definitely has my vote for Best Actor.

B/B+

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

What would your personal rank of the shorts be?

Danse Macabre 

Mars, The Destroyer Of Worlds/Claire De Luna

William Tell Overture

Der Eljkonig

Winter

Symphony Number 9

La Campanella

Finlandia

• Like 2

He Man III: The Horror Of Hordak

Spoiler

Yep, this is profoundly stupid but you’ll be damned if you didn’t have fun watching it. Still for a movie called Horror of Hordak, Skeletor was the star.

C+/B-

American Dragon: Flashpoint

Spoiler

@Xillix, you did a damn fine job capping off the trilogy, while it takes a while for the action to get going, the film manages to deliver with the characters we’ve come to love, a showstopper third act, and some heartwarming moments. Though I do think we needed a bit more Lao Shi as his arc was very important. Still all and all, the AD series are all pretty good entertainment.

B

• Like 1

Sylvarius

Spoiler

This is a very great animated film @4815162342. The characters in particular Selena, Marcus and the delightfully evil Queen Asyr are some of the standouts, the world and story engages us, the message about environmentalism is very good and needed in times like these and the visuals are stunning. You can also feel Butler’s presence in the film and he was a good choice as a director. I do feel Selena and Anna’s relationship could’ve done with more work but I digress.

Spoiler

A-

• Like 2