YM!

YourMother’s Don’t Go Spring Breaking My Heart Y5 Reviews

June or YourMother gone batshit!

Spoiler

Portal: D+

Despite a decent performance from Glados, the movie is rather boring and repetitive falling into the trap of most video game movies.

Psyren: C

Yeah, didn’t dig it either. It feels rather an incomplete movie and the characters don’t wow me but the action and the monsters are cool. Hopefully the sequel would be better.

Forever Yours: B-

A rather cute film. Nothing more, nothing less.

Spoiler

An Odd Road Trip: F

Yeah, this was too bizarre and too unfunny.

Wii Sports: F

Basically this is a 5 minute commercial stretched to feature length.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

YOU DO NOT GET TO SAY THIS WITHOUT PUTTING A REVIEW ON RECORD 😠 😠 😠

Don’t worry. Cabana Boys is basically a beat by beat plot of an American Dad episode.

• Like 1

July

Calendars: 

This is a very well done documentary. 

B-/B

Skyjumper:

Another solid if predictable flick elevated by it’s leads in Kayuula and Bruiel.

C+/B-

Conveniential Wisdom

For a run of the mill Die-Hard like film, it’s alright though Brown’s performance helps.

C+

The Rich and Famous

So.. Bojack Horseman with people. I kid, this is very well written drama with strong performances from Hahn and Applegate, though one twist in particular seemed obvious.

A-

• Thanks 1

24 Hours

Spoiler

This is like many of Numbers dramas, top notch. Coon rocks, writing and plot rules nothing else to say.

Dong?

Spoiler

Yes!

A+

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

24 Hours

Reveal hidden contents

Damn, this is gonna stay close to Notes from the Otherspace.

• Astonished 1

25 minutes ago, Blankments said:

i hate that you stopped your reviews right before hitting October lmao

And I’m reading A Woman In The Crowd just after I get up (after breakfast), just need to read that, Pillars 2, O Maestro, Sabrina and Three Month Funeral and I am done. 

I should have everything up by Friday.

• Thanks 3

On 3/27/2019 at 12:57 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The Rich and Famous

So.. Bojack Horseman with people. I kid, this is very well written drama with strong performances from Hahn and Applegate, though one twist in particular seemed obvious.

A-

Which twist seemed obvious? Sorry for the late reply, just curious.

27 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Which twist seemed obvious? Sorry for the late reply, just curious.

Spoiler

Molly being raped as the reason why the two’s friendship fell apart.

11 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Eh, I tried to set it up so that the “twist” wouldn’t have been treated as a huge shocking reveal. I think leaning into that would have come off as exploitative (and I’m trying to step up from my After Party mess). That’s kind of why I set up the foreshadowing a bit more obviously.

I do think a big aspect of it was Janie realizing that she needed to support her friend even when she was upset, not just casting her feelings off as having taken on a new lease on life. Janie’s big arc comes from realizing that she was maybe in the wrong for a lot of her life.

Another factor could be argued that Molly felt uncomfortable around Janie because it reminded her too closely of her trauma and that she didn’t want Janie to experience it too.

A Woman In The Crowd

Spoiler

Damn, between this, 24 Hours, Steel Streaks and Two Lonely Bounty Hunters, I’m thinking this is probably my favorite. Beautifully heartwarming but at the same time heartbreaking, boistered by a strong script and a stronger cast, ATJ is my choice for Best Actress this year, A Woman In The Crowd isn’t only the best film of the year but one of my favorites in CAYOM.

Dong? Obviously, no need for another Spoiler Box.

A+

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:
  Hide contents

Eh, I tried to set it up so that the “twist” wouldn’t have been treated as a huge shocking reveal. I think leaning into that would have come off as exploitative (and I’m trying to step up from my After Party mess). That’s kind of why I set up the foreshadowing a bit more obviously.

I do think a big aspect of it was Janie realizing that she needed to support her friend even when she was upset, not just casting her feelings off as having taken on a new lease on life. Janie’s big arc comes from realizing that she was maybe in the wrong for a lot of her life.

Another factor could be argued that Molly felt uncomfortable around Janie because it reminded her too closely of her trauma and that she didn’t want Janie to experience it too.

That’s pretty much sums what I was thinking.