THUNDER BIRD

Hypothetical scenario, Marvel vs Disney.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

BS. Disney was already one of the most powerful studios in Hollywood before the merger with Marvel.

And if by some act of insanity Disney gave up Marvel, every other major studio in Hollywood would be cutting each other throasts to sigh them up.

A incredible amount of ignorance and short memory here. It has been only Six years since the Disney Marvel merger.

Marvel Studios would have a hard time, though without a deal with a major studio.They get a lot of logistical support from their major studio partners..release and marketing in particular. It would cost Marvel a huge amount of money to set up it's own worldwide release system.

it was only about hypothetically, I think it sounds like fully financed... like all background being the same = only about a direct movie output comparison

So, it was said in a rather short timed timespan...

Only a few thoughts, mostly as starting list for things to look up and so on

If we look which movies got released by Disney themselves the last 5 to 10 years (allowing SW as a Disney direct is... strange at best):

they did cut down a lot on how many movies they made every year. Even more so as the Marvel titles got added.

So lets add it up and take an average: every 2 years a SW movie seems to be the plan

example dom incl earned in 2018 for released in 2017 titles (then pick up per title with a new tab, jump on foreign per weekend, and look up the sum for the 2017-2018 and 208-2019 split....)

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?view=company&view2=calendar&yr=2018&timeframe=yty&sort=&order=&studio=buenavista.htm

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?view=company&view2=calendar&yr=2017&timeframe=yty&sort=&order=&studio=buenavista.htm

to start a chart or so for ta last ~ 5 years?

MCU,:

I am pretty sure the plan before FOX and Disney+ was to increase the per year output to 4 movies per year

Spider-Man takes at least once one of those. The Disney+ thing seems to take away a bit from the MCU movies to for the time being. But: I think those are a another kind of build up too, see no big team ups announced, talks about no phases in he future.

= I think they did not announce all release dates.

So lets assume around 2022 it increases again.

I do not think all of them will reach similar heights as have the last some MCU movies, incl BP and CM.

Depends a lot on how interesting the new teams / worlds will be. If they are ~ groundbreaking... exceptional to experience..... they might. If more small like Ant-Man, too similar to nowadays world nope, do not offer the feel 'I have to see That in a cinema... nope.

If they'd not do MCU, I guess they'd increase their animated and music Princess whatever movies, maybe risk another John Carter... too?

Indiana Jones???? Will there be another Narnia movie, PotC,,....? Something out of the Cars world (huge merchandise #)

What's with FOX based material = in my understanding of what was written, not included, not 100% sure

Hmmm not sure for now, I guess it might tke a while