Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Yeah, the only Vue I know of is the one in Leicester Square, and Westfield shopping centre, which I think is one of the busiest cinemas in the UK.

Correct, VUE Westfield White City is the biggest, busiest and #1 grossing cinema in the UK. Always check there to get an idea of how well a film is doing.http://www.myvue.com/home/cinema/westfieldThe strange thing is, there is another huge VUE around 500metres away. Don't know how/why VUE keep two big multiplexes open right next to each other.

It's seating that moves in syncnronisation with the film, it's awesome if you get the right kind of film. My girl and I saw The Expendables 2 in D-Box and it really added to it. I didn't realise Odeon were rolling it out too.

Wow. I'd love to try that. Are prices much higher for D-Box?I've decided I'm gonna try and see Skyfall at Leicester Square Odeon. Love that place so much. It's overpriced like shit, but the experience you get with 1,700 people is just sensational.

I know what you mean, I've had some serious surprises thanks to my card, my biggest of which was probably The Sorcerers Apprentice. Can't wait to get my premium one next month.

I find Cineworld tend to show a broader range of films compared to other chains. My biggest surprises were smaller films like Untouchable, Shadow Dancer rather than blockbusters. I do occasionally pay for films like at the IMAX but the experience at the IMAX is worth every penny. Edited by Jonwo

Wow. I'd love to try that. Are prices much higher for D-Box?I've decided I'm gonna try and see Skyfall at Leicester Square Odeon. Love that place so much. It's overpriced like shit, but the experience you get with 1,700 people is just sensational.

When I saw the expendables it was a £4.50 uplift! So it's definitely a treat. I saw Avatar and The Phantom Menace there. Avatar was because we missed our OD show at the BFI IMAX (fucking snow), was shocked at the £16.50 price tag.

When I saw the expendables it was a £4.50 uplift! So it's definitely a treat.I saw Avatar and The Phantom Menace there. Avatar was because we missed our OD show at the BFI IMAX (fucking snow), was shocked at the £16.50 price tag.

The price is ridiculous. Which is why I never go. But for a big film, it's an unbeatable experience.

I find Cineworld tend to show a broader range of films compared to other chains. My biggest surprises were smaller films like Untouchable, Shadow Dancer rather than blockbusters. I do occasionally pay for films like at the IMAX but the experience at the IMAX is worth every penny.

I barely get any small films here. The unlimited card screenings are nice, but too tricky for me to get to, hence why I won't be seeing Ruby Sparks on Tuesday. The most out of sorts films we've had this yesr were The Raid and one day shows of Marley and Samsara.