Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 Taken 2 (20th Century Fox) £7,378,048 £7,378,0482 Looper (eOne) £1,519,503 £5,412,1023 Sinister (Momentum) £1,435,722 £1,435,7224 The Perks Of Being A Wallflower (eOne) £827,983 £827,9835 ParaNorman (Universal) £797,754 £5,263,9936 The Campaign (Warner Bros) £389,287 £1,675,1597 Brave (Walt Disney) £304,735 £21,570,3498 Resident Evil: Retribution (Sony) £286,350 £1,519,8519 Untouchable (Entertainment) £245,343 £964,30810 Hope Springs (Momentum) £190,860 £3,563,199Huge opening for Taken 2.That's decent for Perks I guess. It didn't really have that many showtimes, but hopefully WOM means it has very strong holds over the coming weeks.Again, Brave with a tiny drop. But that'll be it's last. It's had a great run though, compared to most other countries, and should end with $35m.Small drop for Untouchables. Don't think it's going to expand much further now.

Edited by Heretic

Untouchable had a good drop, it should hit £1m soon which for a foreign film is very good, it was never going to hit the heights of other countries. Brave and Paranorman have had good runs but both will be hit by Hotel Transylvania, Madagascar 3 and Frankenweenie which will sastify the kid audience.2012 has been good considering that 2011 was an extraordinary year with lots of successes especially on the British film front and there wasn't competition from the Olympics and Euro 2012 which hurt June and August and a weak September saved only by Looper. This month, November and December should be strong.

Top site was Vue Westfield in London's Shepherds Bush, with a nifty £99,000 over the four days, followed by Vue Westfield Stratford in east London, then Cineworld Sheffield, Cineworld Glasgow and Vue Dublin.

Wow, I knew Vue Westfield is the #1 grossing UK cinema but just under £100,000 from one cinema just for one film (Taken 2) is incredible!

I know the Vues at Westfield do well but not this well, kind of surprised the Odeon in Leceister Square isn't in the top five.

Probably because it only has a few shows a day there. And it didn't sell out the 1700 seater like bigger films do.Skyfall will definitely sell out there all weekend. The Friday night show is already almost fully booked. Pretty incredible. I imagine it'll be the top cinema in the country, or at least top 3 for it on OW.

Probably because it only has a few shows a day there. And it didn't sell out the 1700 seater like bigger films do.Skyfall will definitely sell out there all weekend. The Friday night show is already almost fully booked. Pretty incredible. I imagine it'll be the top cinema in the country, or at least top 3 for it on OW.

Skyfall will probably have the highest three day weekend of the year until The Hobbit arrives, currently its The Dark Knight Rises which did £14.3m so I expect Skyfall will be £15-16m.

I expect Skyfall to do around £16m.I'm not quite sure about The Hobbit. Obviously, it'll open huge (£13m+ likely), but it's focus will be more on the legs over the Christmas and new year period. ROTK opened to £15m 5 day. Probably equals £20m adjusted for inflation, and more with 3D, so you never know I guess...The Hobbit could shock us all and open in the high teens.

I expect Skyfall to do around £16m.I'm not quite sure about The Hobbit. Obviously, it'll open huge (£13m+ likely), but it's focus will be more on the legs over the Christmas and new year period.ROTK opened to £15m 5 day. Probably equals £20m adjusted for inflation, and more with 3D, so you never know I guess...The Hobbit could shock us all and open in the high teens.

I'm surprised they've not opted for a Wednesday opening. I'm not expecting ROTK numbers as that was the final film in the trilogy but it should crack £10-12m with ease, it doesn't have much competition apart from Life of Pi and Jack Reacher so it should have legs.

QuoteTop site was Vue Westfield in London's Shepherds Bush, with a nifty £99,000 over the four days, followed by Vue Westfield Stratford in east London, then Cineworld Sheffield, Cineworld Glasgow and Vue Dublin.Wow, I knew Vue Westfield is the #1 grossing UK cinema but just under £100,000 from one cinema just for one film (Taken 2) is incredible!

Both Westfields! I love Wesfield so much. I'm literally there all the time. The Sheperd's Bush one, that is.

I know the Vues at Westfield do well but not this well, kind of surprised the Odeon in Leceister Square isn't in the top five.

Actually Leicester Square was #34days#1-Vue Westfield 17#2-Vue Westfield stratford 17#3-Odeon Leicester Square, #4-Cineworld Sheffield 20#5-Cineworld Glasgow#6-Vue Dublin 14top 5 theatres all films 2012#1-Vue Westfield 17#2-Cineworld Glasgow 18#3-vue Westfield Stratford 17#4-Cineworld Sheffield 20#5-Cineworld Dublin 17Highest grossing engagements weekend 3 days 2012Vue Westfield17 , TDKR WE1, gbp193k , approx 30 session per dayVue westfield 17, TA WE1, GBP 179kOdeon Leicester Square , TDKR WE1, gbp 169k , approx 4-5 sessions perdayVue Westfield 17 biggest weekend, HP7pt2 we1 256kand are you ready for itbiggest O Leicester Squ weekend , since 1991HP7pt2 we1 348k, 2nd biggest QofS not far behind, 3rd HP7pt1, then SWEP3,2,1 then CRall over 200k for 3 days Edited by Rth
  • Like 2

Cineworld do very well with Sheffield, Glasgow and Dublin as the busiest in the top five. The Vue in Westfield Stratford has done well considering they've only been open a few months and I guess at lower prices compared to Odeon Leceister Square,