TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I alos think the marketing seems to be focusing on the fanbase, which is a mistake.

The whole purpose of marketing is to convince peopl on the fence abou the film to buy tickets, You don;t have to worry about the fanbase, you know they will be there. It is those on the fence you need to worry about. And so far, except for the trialers, the marketing seems to be focused on the fans.Not a good move.

How would you do it differently to significantly increase interest? Off top of my head I can't think of a radically different campaign to sell it. When people strongly don't care, it's really hard to reverse that even with strong campaign. Marketing is not a magic wand, otherwise every movie would've been successful.

39 minutes ago, oinkamaraj said:

this movie needed to do good with critics and have good reviews for people who were iffy about it give it a shot, now that its mixed its just pulling audiences away

I don't think it would make a big difference if people strongly reject the concept in the first place. Average Tom doesn't know or care what critics think about it, only terminally online people. Mixed critics reviews wouldn't have prevented D&W from being a huge success just like terrible reviews didn't prevent BvS and Ayer's Suicide Squad from huge opening weekends.

Edited by Firepower