TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

And now that Joker has crossed the $1 billion mark, a sequel is on the way. As the movie keeps raking in money overseas, Phillips is in talks to reprise his role as director for a second Joker outing (he and Scott Silver, who penned the gritty Joker screenplay, will write the follow-up), THR has learned.  

Warners has sequel options in place for Joker star Joaquin Phoenix, who has emerged as a strong contender in the Oscar best actor race. The studio and Phillips' reps at CAA declined to comment.

Edited by TMP
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 2

Ech if this article is entirley true Phoenix should fire his agents immediately, in the movie which success was almost entirley driven by his performance (which was not hard to guess even before the movie was made given how large is characters present in the script) he will get paid 4,5 mln$ meanwhile Todd Philips will get more than 100 mln$, it's the level of many which JJ Abrams got for TFA and will get for TRoS. 

And on top of that WB has supposedly option for the sequel in contract which means that he has no choice and has to do the sequel and will be again severly underpaid. Lol

6 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

Ech if this article is entirley true Phoenix should fire his agents immediately, in the movie which success was almost entirley driven by his performance (which was not hard to guess even before the movie was made given how large is characters present in the script) he will get paid 4,5 mln$ meanwhile Todd Philips will get more than 100 mln$, it's the level of many which JJ Abrams got for TFA and will get for TRoS. 

And on top of that WB has supposedly option for the sequel in contract which means that he has no choice and has to do the sequel and will be again severly underpaid. Lol

Phoenix will probably get some percentage too and he'll get a giant paycheck for a sequel, WB will keep him happy. If the movie was just perfomance, it wouldn't have been this successful and beloved, it's actually great movie across the board. Todd pitched it, co-wrote it, directed it, produced it and convinced Phoenix and WB to do it, I think he deserves this money, plus he exchanged his salary for bigger percentage from gross, the same deal he did with Hangover.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Phoenix will probably get some percentage too and he'll get a giant paycheck for a sequel, WB will keep him happy. If the movie was just perfomance, it wouldn't have been this successful and beloved, it's actually great movie across the board. Todd pitched it, co-wrote it, directed it, produced it and convinced Phoenix and WB to do it, I think he deserves this money, plus he exchanged his salary for bigger percentage from gross, the same deal he did with Hangover.

I'm not taking away anything from Philips or anyone involved in the production but this movie was basically on man show, it was living or dying dependent on his performance. 

And I'm not sure about giant paycheck becouse WB had an option for sequel in the contract, but I'm not entirley confident what it exactly means. 

• Like 1

Lol I'm sure Phoenix will be fine. He's got a LOT of leverage negotiating a deal for the sequel. 

Personally I like the idea of a sequel, I think there's a lot more to explore with the character. I thought the movie ended when it was just starting to get really good and I want to see more of him as the actual Joker.

6 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

I'm not taking away anything from Philips or anyone involved in the production but this movie was basically on man show, it was living or dying dependent on his performance. 

And I'm not sure about giant paycheck becouse WB had an option for sequel in the contract, but I'm not entirley confident what it exactly means. 

I'm sure option is just an offer/possibility, it's always negotiable, he'll get huge paycheck for sure, WB know they need to keep him happy, he is the star after all.

Edited by Firepower