charlie Jatinder

Nordic Box Office Thread.

Norway

Guardians of The Galaxy vol 3 pre-sales has started for members of theater chains, official sales starts tomorrow. Don´t have big expectations for it thou. Vol 2 had 67,698 admits in it´s OW. Would be surprised if this one gets anywhere close to this OW. 

Edited by thajdikt

Norway

Fast X tickets now on sale, movie is releasing on a Thursday here which is quite unusual but I expect that it was probably meant for a Wednesday release but since the 17th is Norway national day it probably got pushed to Thursday. Thursday is also a holiday, and a lot of people will be having Friday off aswell. This doesn´t happen every year so it´s a great release date for the movie. Fast 9 had 67K admits OW, and this was at a time people barely went to theaters. Think this will do well OW. 4-day now vs 3-day. Hoping for 70k+ OW

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 3

Mario is doing good in Sweden as well, hard to know exactly where it will end up but somewhere around 500-600k admits probably.

Guardians looks a bit better in pre sales than Ant Man and should have much better sales from now on so it should be fine. Probably gonna be quite a bit lower than the first two despite that.

I had a bit higher hopes for John Wick, even though it increased from Part 3. But I guess it is in line with most other markets, but it's too bad it couldn't break out more since it is such a good film. 

The Way of Water seems to end up at around $18.05m and 1.155m admits. Spectacular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Norway: 

Just 3 hours until first screening Vol 3 and  pre-sales is pretty anemic. I won´t track it like I did for Mario mainly because it´s very low and with school exam today and next days it just isn´t worth it but will track for F9 and big releases going forward to get some comps. Just from a quick glance it´s not improved nowhere as I had hoped. Pre-sales over the weekend look similar to Ant-Man 3 with tons of seats available even in the only IMAX screen in the country. Walkups would need to be good. 

OD projection: 9K admits

OW 5-day: 40K

• Like 3